Thread: modifying 48RE trans 2003 Ram 2500

Tuner in Training

modifying 48RE trans 2003 Ram 2500

Is there a way to modify the Chrysler pcm that controls the transmission the cummins ecm file is embedded and works great. Now to get into the the TCM??

What exactly do you want to change in the TCM?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparmatty View Post
    What exactly do you want to change in the TCM?
    line pressures torque management

Line pressure in an 03 is controlled by a manual throttle valve. You can adjust it to get more pressure sooner but your overall pressure will still be the same. Only way to up pressure is on the valve body. All you will really have access to with hptuners is Gov. Pressure, which I don't recommend messing with too much. You will also be able to set your 3-4 shift point, and some torque convertor parameters. Not a lot you can do without getting into your valve body.
    Also, there is no torque managment per say with the 48re's.

Tuner in Training
    Torque Management is really a function of engine control. I'm a Smarty user but I troll your forum for info that I can't find on the smarty forum because the two tuning platforms are very similar.

Look for the low boost fueling table. This is your "torque management", it just controls how much fuel the engine dumps before the turbo winds up. It also controls how much you smoke on launch.