Thread: 14 TT 5.3 Silverado will not accelerate beyond 3800

Tuner in Training

14 TT 5.3 Silverado will not accelerate beyond 3800

This is a stock truck with two remote mounted turbos. The truck drives great, but at wot it will not accelerate past 3800. If you remove the discharge tube in front of the MAF it acts completely normal.
    Don't judge the quality of the tune, I made some frantic changes as a test to see if anything helped. Thanks
    Jordan 14 Silverado Twin Turbo.hpl
    Jordan Test Tune.hpt

I'm not all in the know about these DI engines but a question here, what MAP sensor are you running?

You'd want to change that for the boost you are running. If you make a change to the manifold switch open VVE make sure to make that same change to the manifold switch closed VVE. Right before you went full throttle those fuel trims are pulling fuel big time at -18%.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I guess I should mention that it is only making 6psi.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I'm not all in the know about these DI engines but a question here, what MAP sensor are you running?

You'd want to change that for the boost you are running. If you make a change to the manifold switch open VVE make sure to make that same change to the manifold switch closed VVE. Right before you went full throttle those fuel trims are pulling fuel big time at -18%.
    Im using the stock map sensor, I havent had any trouble with low boost and the stock map in the past... Not that im against trying anything at this point.

In the past on LTx motors / E92 ECMs or Gen IV stuff?

The throttle is probably closing to limit Pressure Ratio if the hardware (map sensor) and software isn't correct.

Tuner in Training
    Mostly on older, but I have done a couple E92s with Centris with no issues.

Advanced Tuner
    You have to max this table when tuning a boosted vehicle.

Do a compare and see which table I changed.
    Jordan Test Tune 1.hpt

Tuner in Training
    I completely missed that table, Thank you for the response. I truly hope its something that simple!