Thread: 2011 Cummins 6.7 Fail to Read

Tuner in Training

2011 Cummins 6.7 Fail to Read

Have a 2011 Cummins, updated to the new 3.4. Went to read file and it pops up to save file. I hit save, it says unable to open or read file. I still have the Torque Technologies tuner on the truck, Im guessing I have to take that off first? I wanted to just read and look at file. Not sure if thats a locked tune on the truck as its first i've come across this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Does it tell you anything else to do?

Quote Originally Posted by MiniTubbedNova View Post
    Have a 2011 Cummins, updated to the new 3.4. Went to read file and it pops up to save file. I hit save, it says unable to open or read file. I still have the Torque Technologies tuner on the truck, Im guessing I have to take that off first? I wanted to just read and look at file. Not sure if thats a locked tune on the truck as its first i've come across this.
    Send it over to support. They will update the definition. If it read out its not locked.

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Does it tell you anything else to do?

lol
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

We've identified the issue with this specific OS, it should be fixed tomorrow.

Tuner in Training
    Are the CM2200 (10-12) files able to be read out via OBD-2. Or do you guys supply the base file like you do in the 03-05 Cummins? Do we need to flash in a patch file to disable the RSA as well?

Thanks

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by 30 RUM View Post
    Are the CM2200 (10-12) files able to be read out via OBD-2. Or do you guys supply the base file like you do in the 03-05 Cummins? Do we need to flash in a patch file to disable the RSA as well?

Thanks

Sam
    They are supplied stock files. You do not need to flash a patch file, the software will do that for you if the PCM has not been patched.

Tuner in Training
    Okay so its going to come out as just a stock file like the 03-05 does? Hmmm i was hoping i could figure a workaround keeping the *cough* deleted software from tune *cough* then reflash with edited file back to truck hoping to keep the old deleted parameters so that i didnt have check engine light and regen. Hmmm so when i read the truck its not actually reading the file off the truck just a saved version hptuners sends out? This is my first go around with cummins tuning wth hp so please bear with my lack of knowledge.