Thread: Lsa starter tune

Lsa starter tune

Doing a swap on my 2007 Tahoe long tubes 3 inch duals e85 flex 5.3. Going with lsa blower and 2.50 pulley so around 10 lbs. Stock lsa injectors e38 ecm looking for some one willing to get me started with a good base tune to go from. Using the lsa map so been reading about rescaling and all this stuff just don't know enough about these to know I wil have a safe tune to start on. Any help is appreciated.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

no one has anything ? How about advice on how to get started. Is the ctsv a good place to start using maf settings and injector settings? timing? Or just a good place to go read up on what to do with it would be great. Being my daily driver dont want to install it until I have a good base tune as have seen some guys stick it on then stay out of boost until got tune right. Most of my reading has been on trucks with early setups and not an e38 ecm. Even looked through repository and not much in way of something close to look at other then ctsv or zl1 data maybe a 08 with a turbo I think too.

2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Post the current tune. People around here don't just give out tunes, but they will help you immensely. Every vehicle is different so giving out a tune for something else wouldn't really do a whole lot.

Without the file that you're working with we're kind of flying blind though.

At the very least to get it started you need to make sure the Map sensor settings are updated (assuming you're using a 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor) and also the fuel injector data. Both are easy copy/paste, no scaling or anything like that

Post current tune first
    Last edited by schpenxel; 11-16-2016 at 07:51 AM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

tahoe 10-17.hpt
    now this is an NA tune obviously and one I worked on for a while. If you look at my sig it says caddy bla bla bla tuned by many as I have worked with a lot of people and spent a lot of time tuning that car to get the 114 plus mph out of a 2.0t ltg and I have shared it with many people and helped tune their specific setup since I know that system well now. So maybe not everyone is into sharing tunes but I guess since I have always done it I think that way. Of course I am one of those that helps anyone I guess what happens to your mind set once you become a foster parent and have so many different kids come through your home it changes how you think is all I am saying .Maybe in the past I was more let someone struggle as I did to learn but at 43 now time is valuable and worth more spent enjoying things then struggling to get somewhere as early in life. The mind set of an elder.lol Anyway thanks to those that will look and recommend what to do

Advanced Tuner
    The Tune Repository is a great source of information. I did a search on "LSA" and found a tune for a STOCK 2013 Camaro 6.2 liter LSA with an automatic. It's attached to this message. If you want somebody to just hand you a starting point, here it is....

Obviously, you don't have the same cubic inches, heads, cam, etc... but you might find some useful data for reference. Plan on going slow and spending lots of time dialing in your combination. Otherwise, you run the risk of damaging parts.

Some guys are reluctant to throw tunes out there because other guys are in a hurry to get going, and as a result, they don't have good results or they break stuff. These are the same guys that go on an internet rant complaining that they got bad advice and so-and-so doesn't know anything.

I think you'll find that this forum has several extremely knowledgeable and experienced people willing to help if you're patient enough to work with them.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by scottt28; 11-16-2016 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottt28 View Post
    The Tune Repository is a great source of information. I did a search on "LSA" and found a tune for a STOCK 2013 Camaro 6.2 liter LSA with an automatic. It's attached to this message. If you want somebody to just hand you a starting point, here it is....

Obviously, you don't have the same cubic inches, heads, cam, etc... but you might find some useful data for reference. Plan on going slow and spending lots of time dialing in your combination. Otherwise, you run the risk of damaging parts.

Some guys are reluctant to throw tunes out there because other guys are in a hurry to get going, and as a result, they don't have good results or they break stuff. These are the same guys that go on an internet rant complaining that they got bad advice and so-and-so doesn't know anything.

I think you'll find that this forum has several extremely knowledgeable and experienced people willing to help if you're patient enough to work with them.
    Wasn't sure if things like map settings and injectors stuff like that were a direct swap and what I had asked so great to hear the small things will work out then map and timing. Keep reading about vice tuning never had to mess with that so curious is it worth it? Do have wideband on truck just would have to art paid up correctly for logs I assume. Maybe someone has a good link to how to do it.

Advanced Tuner
    Im running a LSA blower and baby cam stock exhaust gutted cats and 2.55" and am around 12.5lbs on my 07 tahoe. Your 4l70e isn't going to like it and you will tear up your rear diff. Broke the input sprag on the original 4l70e and now have a Detroit trutrac. Good luck. Stock lsa injectors are good if your not on e85. Im running 1000cc on with e85. Im running MAF only tune too.
    2008 Denali XL AWD LSA Blower
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

I build transmissions for a living and have a 1000 hp build on my trans that holds up to 800 whp in my firebird with a 383 turbo so no worries there. The rear end I broke already blew the spiders out so have a Yukon locker in it now with new Richmond gears so that should be ok. I have built some 4l60s lately for blower trucks at work with good luck one is a 6.0 making 600rwhp and he tows a 10k trailer it was tearing the shaft out of input drum and since the sonnax smart tech with support it hasn't broke. The Sprag we use the heavy duty borg Warner and build a custom welded support where they crack. I also ran a setup like this in a 9 second 94 z28 so had great luck keeping them alive in extreme conditions and never had to throw in the towel on one and go with that over kill 4l80e that has plenty of its own issues and takes 15 percent more power to turn it. I got a 2.50 pulley stock balancer so was hoping for 10lbs from what I read with that setup.
    I had pm'ed u on performance trucks to see if I could get your tune to help me get a good start on it but didn't hear back. I have ho tuners if u use it also would be greatly appreciated if would send me a tune. I am good with them been tuning a long time just never done a blower on a late like this one. Most early stuff like my z28 or 92 formula lots of early cars not too many late other then some trucks at work and my wife's 2013 ats that I put a bigger turbo on making around 400hp. If ever need help with the trans I will be glad to recommend some support parts and clearances that will help keep it happy behind your setup. I do some trick stuff to them. Thanks for commenting on the post ��

Advanced Tuner
    Here is what is in my Tahoe. I am MAF only also. I installed a Flex Fuel sensor and it runs great on E as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

So was the truck not a flex fuel setup stock? Just not familiar if they actually had a sensor from factory or was able to do it another way as mine is flex but noticed in tune said virtual for sensor. What injectors are you running says 1000cc just wondering the brand. Ever dyno or run it in quarter just curious of what you got from it for power with the setup as going to so a cam too when not driving it daily so am be down a while. New 10 speed zl1 will be my next daily and keep Tahoe for my dogs ,towing a small rv and when we get days of bad weather in north Florida. Appreciate the help. Like I said be glad to help with your transmission if needed.

Advanced Tuner
    Mine was flex fuel but they didn't use a sensor. You need to use a sensor to get an accurate alcohol percentage. They used a "virtual" sensor and came up with an estimated % from fuel trims. It's terrible and not something to be guessed when in boost.

Injectors are stock lsa sent to fuel injector connection that they mod for $250 and give you all the data for them. They 850cc would be more than enough. I had to double stoich and half the injector flow rate since my hard limit in the e38 is like 63lbs or so and these are over 100lbs/hr at 58psi. 95lbs at 43 psi I'm pretty sure.

No dyno or track. It weights 7000lbs and isn't "fast" but is fun to drive. I have the timing turned down a little from where I was till I get my other 4l70e fixed. It's my daily, fuel mileage is awful, but I can always get more fuel, for now anyways. It's 8-9mpg in the city on e85 lol. I also have a 2.45" and 2.38" pulleys but the trans won't live right now.
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

Funny u say not fast but back when I got it my exwife raced my buddies 3 valve mustang gt and beat it. lol I have a few big Ford F-350 diesel trucks on programmers that I am close to now so will slaughter them I would assume with 150 more hp. If your running the 8 rib top pulley and stock balancer what ribs is your setup running on? Closest to blower or all the way out? I had smooth flow pulleys make mine and he cut it for 6 rib but has it running all the way up to blower side so wanted to be sure that was correct.
    The injectors if I am running the stock ones can I run your injector data and keep my stoich table the same as I run? Did you start with a stock ctsv program and go from there? Also noticed even though we are the same my maf table high side stops at 12,500 and yours is over 15,000 is that to do with the maf settings you have to change?
    In the os I saw a setting for the ability to run it as reading vacuum and boost to extend the fuel injector tables into boost I believe it says and noticed you left disabled. Sorry for all the questions trying to know it out this week. If you have any pictures and can email to me that would be great [email protected] or post just so have more ideas to how to do some stuff. I have a tig and ability to weld aluminum at home have a big metal lathe at work so if ever need custom work don't pay someone I can knock it out for you if you just pay to ship. Check you pm if haven't already as had some trans stuff to help u out.

Crap also what sensor for e85? I have seen as much as 19 percent on scanner from some gas stations here so was going to put it on just to more accurately read for it even if don't run full e85 any time soon and if weee going to upgrade fuel pump what would u recommend if know of one that fits our bucket and not have to kill it to make it work. I have 150k on it and wasn't sure how long these last as if was an old style one would be dead by now for sure.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm running a lingenfelter 8 rib 2.55" and the center 6 ribs line up with stock truck belt setup. If you are on the front or back of the 8 rib pulley its wrong and will get belt squeak.

If you have stock lsa injectors you need to use all the stock injector data from a CTSV file and leave stoich settings alone.

There are some upgrades you can apply to get the boost PE table, larger maf table, etc. Its the SD 2 bar I think but maf still works if you want to use it. I left the fuel referenced thing alone. I had mine running fine without it so I left it like it was. I am not sure if its for a boost referenced regulator or what. My regulator is in my fuel tank so the more boost I make the less fuel pressure differential I have. it was working like it was so I left it alone. I think in cooler air I'm close to 13,000HZ on the maf right now.

I have an old southbend Lathe in my garage too...Been making barrels, form 1 suppressors, and so on too...

Ill try to email you some pics.
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali