Thread: Complete noob question lol

Potential Tuner

Complete noob question lol

Hello all, I purchased HPT for my 2014 Twin Turbo Mustang, so if I purchase Dodge credits, can I go in and play with my 03 Dodge 5.9 Cummins too?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, but be aware that it won't read your ECM. HP Tuners software generates a stock base calibration for your truck.

Potential Tuner
    Ok cool, so at that point, I would go in and modify that base calibration?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, sir. Basically, it's flash support only. No read. So, even after you've modified the supplied base calibration and flashed it to your truck, you still won't be able to read the ECM, and will need to keep a copy of your current tune on hand at all times.

Also, don't forget to apply the code modification for extended datastream for the scanner. It comes in very handy. Reading the sticky in the top of this forum will provide specifics about that.

Advanced Tuner
    Deletes are not supported with HPT.

Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Also, don't forget to apply the code modification for extended datastream for the scanner. It comes in very handy. Reading the sticky in the top of this forum will provide specifics about that.
    Good advice here, pilot injection and other parameters to log are not available without doing this.
    2003 Cummins SRW LWB QC 4x4 NV5600 305/555