Thread: Mystery tuning?

Lightbulb Mystery tuning?

I did a search and couldn't seem to find a similar thread. My co-worker just bought a 2004 Ram3500 5.9L and it is tuned, but I have no idea what tunes they are. It didn't come with a programmer or any notes. It's his first diesel and it runs really strong.
    Is there a way that we can find out what he is running?

Thanks,

I'm new here.

From my understanding you cant read out the tune from 03-05 so there is no way your going to be able to see it.

What you could do though is log it and set up some maps(histograms) and record what its doing, this way when you go to tune it you can set it back to roughly what it was doing before.

Thanks. I figured that we would have to do something like that. Thanks again for the reply. It would have been so much nicer had the previous owner jotted some notes down in the owners manual or something, but oh well. Maybe I'm the only one that does that? Not that I plan on selling my truck, but if I do, the next owner will have a log of everything I've done and what's in it. AND the programmer I have will be in the glove box. lol
    2009 F350