Thread: Rev limit increase not working

Tuner in Training

Rev limit increase not working

Hi guys,

I've attempted to increase the rev limit on my car...but it still shifts at 6700rpm consistently. I have only tried in auto mode, not manual. I figure if the option is there to increase the limit in auto mode, then it should work? I don't want to try it in manual as I'm a bit weird about hitting the limiter, although if I'm asked to, then I can do.

Here's what I've done so far:

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 18.01.11.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 18.01.38.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 18.01.55.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 18.02.04.png

Any ideas?

Unfortunately that is something we wont have control over in auto mode, thats a TCM control. Just have to use manual mode to get the full rev range

Tuner in Training
    Thank you sir

In that case...I'll try it in manual mode then.

How brave are you with yours? My plan was to have it at 7200 or 7500 in auto with a view to 8000 in manual for 1st and 2nd when racing. I guess I'll start with 7500 in manual and take it from there.

I have mine set to 7500. Ive seen videos of people with OE Tunes from awhile back revving to 8k. You can look it up on Youtube if you want

Check your email BTW, I sent you something I found to test

Tuner in Training
    This is the guy you're probably thinking of...he's cool man. Consistent low 11 second car, N/A...I love it.

Tuner in Training
    I had a car that we were trying to raise the Neutral / Park Rev limiter and have been unable to get it to raise- It seems like a torque limit and it closes the throttle back to 6% - Any luck there with yours?WOT testers Final.hpt
    Doc
    Doc's Performance & Dyno Tuning - Las Vegas NV . Tuning any and all cars!

Tuner in Training
    You're referring to revving static in neutral....? I wont ask why.

I've had a look and can't see anything different to what I would have tried...

So you're trying to get it to rev to 7000...at what point does it suddenly cut out and close on you? I might be a throttle opening/vs expected airflow difference.

I remember when i first started and wanted the throttle to open nice and early to 100%, I must have upset the expected airflow/vs rpm area and it would be like hitting a brick wall when it decided to slam the throttle shut on me...was quite scary