Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with m156 c63

Tuner in Training

Help with m156 c63

Hey guys I have a 2012 c63 and I was wondering if anyone could help out with some pointers. I do t want to mess with anything too much, just trying to achieve the factory output from its bigger brother cars, and get rid of the pedal delay off the line a bit. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Tuner in Training
    Anyone? I'm new to this. I'm really just trying to get 100% throttle opening vs the roughly 85%
    That I'm seeing on the scanner.
    I'll seriously zelle someone $$ for some hints/guidance on how to accomplish this.

You wont find much info for the m156 in any forums. Ive been at it for a few weeks now with my e63, log, edit, repeat. Mostly trying to get the trans to shift properly with the changes i made. I started with torque management, then air, then fuel. Ive pulled a little timing out just to keep safe while getting everything running smooth. Its a real pain when we have no access to the transmission. Im just shooting in the dark trying to "fool" the trans with the torq and airmass tables to get smooth shifting. You wont see much if any improvement by just changing tb settings. If you have never tuned a vehicle before go over to the gm/chevy forum and read up on how those guys are doing it. It wont equate to much for the m156 but you will get an idea of how tuning works.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the response! I have been watching and reading as much as I can on gm/dodge tuning. It doesn't help with tuning the m156 but does help give a basic understanding of the process.

Since you have the e63, you don't have the same factory tune as my c63, so you get full throttle body opening.
    Basically I'm trying to achieve what your e63 does stock and that's about it for now.

I wonder if a stock e63 map would function properly for a c63.

Post a screen shot of your tb tables ill let you know if its different from mine

Tuner in Training
    How do you post pictures on here?
    I'm starting to wonder if I have a faulty tps.

Looking at the logs my throttle position closed shows 1.2% but throttle position (sae) shows 13% when closed. When wot, throttle position is showing 100% but throttle position (sae) is showing 87%

Absolute throttle position shows 13% and 87% as well
    Relative throttle position is 1% closed and 75% open

Tps Voltage range is .30v closed and 4.75v wot

There is picture icon above where you type replies to add pics. Go to [Engine>Airflow>Electronic Throttle] and change [Throttle Angle At Max Flow] all to 100% and see if that changes things in your logs.

Tuner in Training
    Alright thanks! I'll give that a shot and report back

Tuner in Training
    I don't have the option to post a picture anywhere, maybe I'm too new of a member or maybe because I'm currently using a phone rather then a computer.
    Would you be willing to share what your desired throttle table looks like? Its On the same page as throttle angle at max flow under feedforward control.
    Mine maxes out at 77 on that chart.

All of my desired throttle tables are at 100%, the whole map. All of the desired throttle tables stock were 100% except for two maps. Which i now set to 100%.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks! My desired throttle in that section is also 100 percent everywhere stock. It's on the desired throttle under feedforward control and also my airflow model that it maxes out at 77 on the side tables. It seems like this stock tune only has tables available for up to 77% throttle opening. Does yours show the same? Let me try and get a picture up to show you what I mean

Mine are the same as yours. If you start messing with those tables you have to modify them equally or you will throw a cel.

Tuner in Training
    Interesting. I figured that had to be the difference as I've always heard the c63 had its power limited by limiting throttle opening.
    If yours are the same for the e63 I have no real desire to mess with them. I'm guessing by equally though, you mean equally change all tables by a %?

Look at the two tables and you will see that they are the same, just the values for the table and values for the axis are switched. So if you change the table for one, change the axis of the other to match.

Tuner in Training
    Oh okay got it, thanks! Have you played with those tables and seen any gains from it?
    I managed to solve the issue I was having yesterday for the most part. I disabled the tq management by rpm as well as increasing the max tq for a given vehicle speed and it helped a ton. Still have a delay in my pedal from a stop though.

Ive messed with them to help combat some maf changes. Trying to keep the accelerator pedal from commanding a shift to low in the rpms.

Tuner in Training
    Oh okay, ill just leave those tables alone unless I end up in the same boat.

Normally there would be a [Tip In] table for the accelerator. Which you can use to make it more or less responsive, and reduce the lag at take off. Since we dont have that you could try modding some of the TB tables at the lower inputs, maybe set the knock burst retard to 0 too. I have mine set to 0.