Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Intro to Mercedes 63 AMG (ME97AMG) Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by chevy lover View Post
    i'm trying to read the file of A45 2016 but the protocol failed. any ideas?
    Please open a support ticket by filling out the form here: https://support.hptuners.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

Also, have you had your Mercedes PCM unlocked yet? You will not be able to read or write it until then. You can find more information on the Mercedes PCM Modification Service here: https://www.hptuners.com/product/mer...ation-service/

How do you guys log Vehicule specific variant coding ? Can't seem to find the parameter.
    Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Any chance this thread could be updated to include all the throttle stuff, wheel torque limit table, permissible torque tables etc. etc. etc?

Potential Tuner
    PLUS 1 to the last 2 post, i also would like to know these.

deleted
    Last edited by hachiroku; 10-15-2020 at 04:34 AM.

Tuner in Training
    If I read my E63s ECM with the latest HP tuners, after the patch is applied; am I getting a "stock file" or the exact current tune that's on the car?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonCzerak View Post
    If I read my E63s ECM with the latest HP tuners, after the patch is applied; am I getting a "stock file" or the exact current tune that's on the car?
    Bump. Can someone confirm this please?

From what I know of it...HPTuners will read whatever is on the ECU at the time, but is not a tool to read another tuners tune if locked or not of HPTuners.

Prior to utilizing HPTuners i had a DimSport tune which was not to my liking. i reverted the tune back to original using the DimSport handheld programmer.

also...the M156 does not come in a 63S designation. the 63S designation is of the 4.0TT engine. maybe the 5.5TT as well but not sure, so you'll have to be specific to what engine you are referring to.
    Last edited by hachiroku; 02-17-2020 at 12:37 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by hachiroku View Post
    From what I know of it...HPTuners will read whatever is on the ECU at the time, but is not a tool to read another tuners tune if locked or not of HPTuners.

Prior to utilizing HPTuners i had a DimSport tune which was not to my liking. i reverted the tune back to original using the DimSport handheld programmer.

also...the M156 does not come in a 63S designation. the 63S designation is of the 4.0TT engine. maybe the 5.5TT as well but not sure, so you'll have to be specific to what engine you are referring to.
    I have the 2014 M157, it is the "s" AMG (577crank hp)

Per the original part of this thread, I wanted to confirm if this is no longer the situation.

yes, so the thread is for the M156 (ME9.7 Computer). Your engine is the M157 which has the (MED17.7.3 Computer).

best if you create a separate thread with your question. I do have to say...response from HPTuners in the Mercedes forum is pretty much non-existent. same with submitting a technical support ticket unless there is something broken in the software.

again, from what I know, HPTuners will pull whatever exists on the computer into your base map. I cannot speak in regards to if you have a previous tune if it will download or present error.

http://www.hptuners.com/help/
    Reading the VCM

Unlike Version 1.x the 2.0 release incorporates the Flash utility directly into the VCM Editor.

To read your vehicles VCM:
    Connect the data cable to the OBDII port.
    Open VCM Editor.
    Choose FLASH from the main menu bar and select Read Entire.
    Click Begin on the Read Entire window.
    When the read is complete, you can begin to edit the VCM's file.
    License Activation (MPVI interface users only).
    If you do not have a license to tune this vehicle, you will be prompted at this stage.
    How to license a vehicle.
    When the read is complete, you can begin to edit the VCM's file.

Reading the VCM

To read the VCM follow these steps:
    Plug the interface cable into the vehicle OBD2 port and PC serial/USB interface. See Connecting to the Vehicle section for more information.
    Open VCM Editor, ensure no files are currently open and select "Read Entire" from the "Flash" menu. Alternatively, click the "Read VCM" icon on the toolbar. The Read VCM form will appear.
    Put the key in the ignition and turn to the ON position (do not start the vehicle).
    Make sure the doors are closed and accessories are turned off (do not lock or unlock the doors during reading or writing procedures or operate any vehicle accessories)
    Wait 10 to 15 seconds.
    Click the "Begin" button.
    Allow the PC to read the VCM until the status says "VCM Read Completed".
    Turn off ignition and optionally unplug the interface cable.
    The file is now automatically opened in the VCM Editor and modification can begin. We recommend that if this is the initial read of the stock VCM that you save (and backup) the file with a meaningful name such as "stock.hpt" before any modifications are made. You may wish to restore your vehicle to the stock tune at a later date.

Please note for vehicles with multiple VCM's (eg. LS2 A4 vehicles) there is a 15 second pause between reading each VCM.

About reading the VCM

When you read the VCM, the program is uploading calibration information from your VCM into the VCM Editor application. The read process will automatically detect the presence of relevant VCM's in the vehicle and read them all in sequence transparently to the user. The various status messages and progress bar give information about the current state of the read.

It is not possible to harm your PCM during the read process. If communications is lost the program will automatically reset the PCM after a short delay and prompt you to rectify the problem and/or try again.

Read times

Approximate read times (error free, high speed mode) are as follows:

VCM Type Read Time (approx.)
    LS1 V8 PCM (512k) 2 mins
    LS1 V8 PCM (1024k) 4 mins
    V6 PCM (512k) 2 mins
    V6 PCM (1024k) 4 mins
    LS2 V8 ECM (1280k) 2 mins
    LS2 V8 ECM + TCM (1984k) 3 mins
    LMM/LBZ ECM 3 mins
    P12 I4/I5/I6 ECM 2 mins
    Bosch Alloytec ECM 20 mins
    Last edited by hachiroku; 02-17-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Tuner in Training
    yes, so the thread is for the M156 (ME9.7 Computer). Your engine is the M157 which has the (MED17.7.3 Computer).

best if you create a separate thread with your question. I do have to say...response from HPTuners in the Mercedes forum is pretty much non-existent. same with submitting a technical support ticket unless there is something broken in the software.

again, from what I know, HPTuners will pull whatever exists on the computer into your base map. I cannot speak in regards to if you have a previous tune if it will download or present error.

http://www.hptuners.com/help/
    Ahhhh I see now. Thank you for the clarification. I'm new to the Benz platform and some times these numbers are a bit confusing. Appreciate the help.

Potential Tuner
    I have been speaking to support recently regarding my AMG A45 which is the MED17.7.2 ECU. They have stated that these PCMs are "write only" hence when reading them we only get a "virtual read". A copy of the stock tune file for this vehicle that comes from the HPT server not from your ECU.

I currently have a Stage 2 tune and wanted to look at what was there before I started tuning my own file from scratch. But all that can be done is flashing "over the top" of the existing file that is in the PCM.

Again this was for MED17.7.2 for my FL A45. It could be different with other MED ECUs, but I doubt it. Please correct me if this is not correct but it is how I understand it after dealing with support.
    Last edited by HSV Senator; 02-19-2020 at 10:33 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    Nope, at the moment, just Adaptive Memory Reset is in beta. Everything else is in stable
    Mark,

In version 4.7.166 beta version, I noticed a new feature under fuel > general > flow rate. There is a injector constant value which is Milliseconds per Percent Fuel Mass. May I ask what is the equation to calculate the value? Assuming the value is calculated based from factory injector size (450cc). If I have upgraded to larger injector (630cc), do I simply multiply 1.40 (40%) from existing given value?

Thank you,

Steve

Tuner in Training
    Also, there is a injector multiplier table which now have start up factor. What is the start temperature in negative value?

as of late, the boys at HPTuners have been real responsive my pestering. the latest beta seems to have some nice additions. the guys over there may not ever fully understand how Bosch utilizes each map. i was able to find Bosch Motronic 9.1 System Strategy literature, but nothing yet for the ME 9.7.

as of late, the boys at HPTuners have been real responsive my pestering.
    Oh we have TCM access now? Great!
    07 ZO6- warhawk 427/APS TT/HPT 2.5bar

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HSV Senator View Post
    I have been speaking to support recently regarding my AMG A45 which is the MED17.7.2 ECU. They have stated that these PCMs are "write only" hence when reading them we only get a "virtual read". A copy of the stock tune file for this vehicle that comes from the HPT server not from your ECU.

I currently have a Stage 2 tune and wanted to look at what was there before I started tuning my own file from scratch. But all that can be done is flashing "over the top" of the existing file that is in the PCM.

Again this was for MED17.7.2 for my FL A45. It could be different with other MED ECUs, but I doubt it. Please correct me if this is not correct but it is how I understand it after dealing with support.
    Are you sure?
    what you describe does not align with what happens.
    The stock tune does NOT come from HPTuners server, the PATCH for the ECU does. (why it says 'internet') when doing a first read and something you have to do before able to read the ECU.
    Once you write the patch to the ECU (which takes about 6 minutes), then you can read the ECU again to get the calibration. The read took about 11 minutes and done NOT connected to the internet. So, where did the hpt file come from and what is it doing for 11 minutes if not from the internet?

Potential Tuner

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by lsguy View Post
    Are you sure?
    what you describe does not align with what happens.
    The stock tune does NOT come from HPTuners server, the PATCH for the ECU does. (why it says 'internet') when doing a first read and something you have to do before able to read the ECU.
    Once you write the patch to the ECU (which takes about 6 minutes), then you can read the ECU again to get the calibration. The read took about 11 minutes and done NOT connected to the internet. So, where did the hpt file come from and what is it doing for 11 minutes if not from the internet?
    Hi Lsguy,

Sorry for the long delay, I have not had much time to look at the forum since posting this. After I actually tried the patch and read the ECU it turns out that it does not function as I posted. Indeed the patch is only 1kb and takes some minutes to apply. Then a read was performed and that took approximately 11 minutes. I suspect that the file that resulted is indeed the tune as it exists on my PCM. I do not have a standard tune for my software revision to compare against but did compare against a GLA45 of the same year.

I would like to get a standard file for my car to start tuning from scratch but so far have not been able to. Plus work is taking up most of my time, which is good in the current economic climate!

Please send me a PM if you would like to compare notes.

Potential Tuner
    I know this is an old thread but I?m looking for a layout and graph for the M157. I?ve tuned corvettes and had it down. Trying to build a layout for the M157 seems impossible. Anyone have one they could share? Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Hi, I'm new to the Forum and HP Tuners, looking to tune my 2012 C63, I have 1100cc injector, Weistec Supercharger and all the works. Needing assisting with adjusting for the 1100cc injectors.