Thread: 2016 hemi ecm swap

2016 hemi ecm swap

Been searching and haven't found a clear answer. Are the ecu's in the 2016 5.7 ram and the 2016 5.7 challenger the same. I'm looking to buy a used one for my challenger to have it unlocked. If it's the same it should be able to be flash with a challenger os when it's unlocked. From what I understand they can Flash it when they unlock it. I will just have to write the cal to it. Can anyone confirm this and if ecms are the same? Thanks
    1969 nova w/ ls3
    2020 ram hemi
    2009 ALS-V Cadillac
    99 s10 w/ 09 G8 L76 turbo

Quote Originally Posted by ltcbm View Post
    Been searching and haven't found a clear answer. Are the ecu's in the 2016 5.7 ram and the 2016 5.7 challenger the same. I'm looking to buy a used one for my challenger to have it unlocked. If it's the same it should be able to be flash with a challenger os when it's unlocked. From what I understand they can Flash it when they unlock it. I will just have to write the cal to it. Can anyone confirm this and if ecms are the same? Thanks
    They are different part numbers all together, So I assume they are not the same.

Thanks mark
    Gen 4 gma's are some what swapable with just a quick os check. Even then I ve had pretty good luck flashing non-compatible os with tech2. But there is very little info on dodge ecms. Does anyone know a good place to buy replacement ecm for 2016 hemi challenger?
    1969 nova w/ ls3
    2020 ram hemi
    2009 ALS-V Cadillac
    99 s10 w/ 09 G8 L76 turbo

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ltcbm View Post
    Thanks mark
    Gen 4 gma's are some what swapable with just a quick os check. Even then I ve had pretty good luck flashing non-compatible os with tech2. But there is very little info on dodge ecms. Does anyone know a good place to buy replacement ecm for 2016 hemi challenger?
    Just buy a ds pcm. They come with vin and mileage already programmed. Then you can keep your stock as is. Just FYI if your reason for doing this is for warranty or something these things throw p1400 once tuned. Not much you can do about that and they will deny any warranty claim drivetrain related once they see that. We've had a couple of charger hellcat get denied transmission/valvebody fixes because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by curt@injected View Post
    Just buy a ds pcm....
    Forgive my ignorance, but what does "ds" mean? Dealer Service part?