Thread: Add Flex Fuel calculations to Ecoboost OS?

Tuner in Training

Add Flex Fuel calculations to Ecoboost OS?

There is at least 1 option now for a larger displacement HPFP, which should enable the use of e85 in the Ecoboost pickups (and other EB vehicles). I have compared some 5.0 maps to EcoBoost. I am sure there is a bit going on behind the scenes...but there aren't a ton of Flex Fuel options/tables in the 5.0 calibrations.

Is there any way that a custom OS could be created to get the Flex calculations into the EcoBoost calibration? I don't believe the 5.0 has an alcohol sensor, it is virtual like a lot of the GM (I think). Anyway, just wondering if anything like this would be possible.

Here is a link to the fuel new HPFP I saw on another forum. http://www.xtreme-di.com/
    2003 Suburban beater
    2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Cummins - Hoping HPT adds support for it soon
    SOLD - Too many timing chains...2013 FX4 SuperCrew - EcoBust - 6.5' Box - Black FX Appearance Package - Tuning

I noticed the 5.0 just detects afr to make a determination on what stoich to use.
    I heard the Flex fuel settings are in the ecoboost os, just not enabled. One tuner claimed to have enabled this. I wonder if HPTUNERS could unlock it for EcoBoost?