Thread: 2014 f150 all kinds of problems

Advanced Tuner

2014 f150 all kinds of problems

ok so went through and re did my tune for this truck nd came away with still more questions. dont get to work with it very often but when i do it never quite goes to plan. one tune will run well with open tb and stock level boost. a little soggy at the bottom but ot worried about that yet. then ill make a change and one run ill have boost then nothing. wastegate duty cycle drops to 0. the i fix that but then it wont command open loop power enrichment. it just stays commanding stoich. if i leave the driver demand table under 555 lb ft. t runs around 15lbs. if i bump it over that i can get 18+ but no power enrichment. im about to give up.
    no pe.hpl
    clean low boost.hpl
    boost drop.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    also, it was explained that after lifting the limiters that boost would be controllable through the wastegate settings such as wastegate dc and mfract dc. as far as i could tell this did nothing. canister pressure and turbo outlet pressure are not datalog able channels for me either.

I never touched the WGDC tables, they never seemed to do anything (same for Borderline Knock). I use Max Desired Pressure to control the max amount of boost.

As for (OL) Power Enrichment, make sure your Power Enrichment Pedal is set lower, to like 30%-40%.

Advanced Tuner
    ok ill give that a go. max desired pressure, dont recall seeing that one but ill look. also on the logs with higher boost the engine tq out put was higher, load request was higher but calculated load was down.....wonder what that means

Advanced Tuner
    can canister pressure and compressor outlet channels be added so i can data log them?