Thread: Issues with Editor in new 3.4 version

Tuner

Issues with Editor in new 3.4 version

I just updated from 3.2 to 3.4. The VCM scanner connected and let me log. When I attempted to open the editor, I get a pop-up saying that there is an "Unhandled exception".

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner
    No matter what I click on, the write icon is greyed out so I cannot make any changes to my ECM.

Please contact support so we can get this fixed for you ASAP
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    Contacted support through the home page (twice). Once on Friday and again today. Still no response, other than the automated one.

Tuner
    I wanted to give an update. First, I did find the Support email in my spam folder. Whoops!

Second, I figured out the reason for the error message. Support asked my to attach an "info log" .

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...acting-support

When I did, I noticed that it said I was in "Demo mode". I checked the application key box under the help tab and sure enough, I was in Demo mode. I re-entered my application key and no more error code.

Good luck to all and thanks to the support desk!

Tuner
    I have the same error but it's only on 1 or my 3 computers I updated. I will check to see if I'm in demo mode and report back.

Tuner
    I hope it works for you and hopefully this helps others.

Thanks for the info. I would get the "unhandled exception" error whenever I would try to open a file. I could open tune files via File>Recent Files, or even open them from Windows Explorer, but clicking the "Open File" button would exclusively cause this error. I went to Help>Application Keys and found while my application key was still present there was another box marked Demo Mode, once I deleted the Demo Mode Application Key I had no more problems.