Thread: 2008 LNF engine 2012 E39 ECU Humphreys Harness

Unhappy 2008 LNF engine 2012 E39 ECU Humphreys Harness

Well I opened up Cn of worms here. A customer brought in a custom build vehicle with a 2008 HHR 2.0 engine. Originally a Bosch ECU it has now been fitted with an E39 Delco ECU because the theft system could not be overwritten in the Bosch unit. He had then ordered a new harness from Steve Humphrey to adapt to an E39 ECU. When I connect to the ECU it pulls up a 2012 Regal GS with a 3.6 but data I can see in the tuner file I opened pulled from the ECU shows 4 cylinder so maybe he didnt change the VIN but did edit the file. MY PROBLEM..... it wont start and I have zero help from the latest people who have had their hands in this. It isnt a theft problem. What Id like to know is has anyone used this ECU for an older 2.0 and which file would you load and edit? Any help or thoughts here to help me figure this out would be awesome

thanks in advance
    Mike

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GPSAuto View Post
    Well I opened up Cn of worms here. A customer brought in a custom build vehicle with a 2008 HHR 2.0 engine. Originally a Bosch ECU it has now been fitted with an E39 Delco ECU because the theft system could not be overwritten in the Bosch unit. He had then ordered a new harness from Steve Humphrey to adapt to an E39 ECU. When I connect to the ECU it pulls up a 2012 Regal GS with a 3.6 but data I can see in the tuner file I opened pulled from the ECU shows 4 cylinder so maybe he didnt change the VIN but did edit the file. MY PROBLEM..... it wont start and I have zero help from the latest people who have had their hands in this. It isnt a theft problem. What Id like to know is has anyone used this ECU for an older 2.0 and which file would you load and edit? Any help or thoughts here to help me figure this out would be awesome

thanks in advance
    Mike
    I'be never heard of the Humphrey cable, but I like the idea.
    My "guess" is they didn't change the VIN. I had a similar situation with an E78. It said 1.8 but it was load with 1.4T tune. Confused people but ran fine.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    You need to find out if somebody actually has previously tuned that PCM or not. In the past tunes could sometimes be opened but show incorrect vehicle info if the file still needed to be sent in to HPTsupport for them to properly map out the operating system.

Ok an update for everyone. I ended up having to replace the ECM with a new blank one as you cannot overwrite the basic operating system part for the file i wanted to load. I have also now have the correct .hpt file loaded for the correct year and engine. 2011 CXL 2.0 Regal. I have most of my non essential DTC reports turned off as they do not apply. I have turned off VATS 1 & 2 but the engine still will not start. It will start if I spray carb cleaner into the intake. As this is a stand alone system I'm kind of stumped what to look at next. It has fuel pressure and no injector pulse just as if it is a theft problem. It does show a P0633 Immobilizer not programmed but as far as I can tell this is a code that stores until the PCM hears or learns from the BCM. I'd expect it non relevant if the VATS is off in the OS.

I attached the file but I understand they get deleted??? can send it to anyone if interested

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    what was the out come of this ?