Thread: Gear Display on Instrument Cluster

Gear Display on Instrument Cluster

A few people have asked me if there were a way to force the instrument cluster to display the current gear you are in, like is done on when you are manually shifting.

The answer is yes.

This new table will allow you to enable the display based on shifter position.

I have added this to 2011+ F-150 and 2013+ Mustang. If you would like this functionality, email us and I will add it to other vehicles.

GearDisplay.JPG
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    A few people have asked me if there were a way to force the instrument cluster to display the current gear you are in, like is done on when you are manually shifting.

The answer is yes.

I have added this to 2011+ F-150 and 2013+ Mustang. If you would like this functionality, email us and I will add it to other vehicles.

GearDisplay.JPG
    That is awsome

Advanced Tuner
    Very nice!

Senior Tuner
    Yes, I wanted it. I don't know why Ford didn't make this a on/off vehicle setting in the dash board

Very cool! Maybe someday we can get an adjustment for the Air fuel display too so it'll go below 10.00 or maybe even lambda for us E85 guys.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    Very cool! Maybe someday we can get an adjustment for the Air fuel display too so it'll go below 10.00 or maybe even lambda for us E85 guys.
    Lambda display would be so awesome...but that might not even be in the tune, think it's in the cluster.

Advanced Tuner

The answer is yes.

GearDisplay.JPG
    I tried enabling this on my 14 GT by adding a 1 to Sport and Drive rows but it still doesn't show the gear , and there's no visible change from how it behaves stock. This is suppose to enable the display to show 1,2,3,4,5,6, or S right like it does when I pull the shifter to Sport and use the select shift? I see nothing. I tried enabling those 2 and also enabling the entire array.. It does nothing.

Advanced Tuner

The answer is yes.

GearDisplay.JPG
    I tried enabling this on my 14 GT by adding a 1 to Sport and Drive rows but it still doesn't show the gear , and there's no visible change from how it behaves stock. This is suppose to enable the display to show 1,2,3,4,5,6, or S right like it does when I pull the shifter to Sport and use the select shift? I see nothing. I tried enabling those 2 and also enabling the entire array.. It does nothing. I would absolutely LOVE this if I could get it to work!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    I tried enabling this on my 14 GT by adding a 1 to Sport and Drive rows but it still doesn't show the gear , and there's no visible change from how it behaves stock. This is suppose to enable the display to show 1,2,3,4,5,6, or S right like it does when I pull the shifter to Sport and use the select shift? I see nothing. I tried enabling those 2 and also enabling the entire array.. It does nothing. I would absolutely LOVE this if I could get it to work!!

I ran into the same issue on my 13 cal awhile back. I'm guessing it doesn't work the same for the s197s as I too would like to get that working. S550 works good.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...t=gear+display
    Last edited by bbrooks98; 09-24-2018 at 05:49 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    I ran into the same issue on my 13 cal awhile back. I'm guessing it doesn't work the same for the s197s as I too would like to get that working. S550 works good.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...t=gear+display
    Thanks for the reply.. I e-mailed support and they said it doesn't work with earlier pcms and they don't know why.

It would be awesome to have it working!! S550s have PRNDS on the dash so might have something to do with that..

I was never able to get it to work on the Copperheads either. I sent a ticket in requesting fuel density reported to cluster to be defined like they are in the 2018 files. Hopefully something comes of that.

Potential Tuner
    I saw this option and was like YES!!!! *turn this on*

I hated not seeing my gear, especially with 10 of them..

Potential Tuner
    Its funny to watch the trans shift from 1-3-5 from a stop if the throttle is barely pushed