Thread: aem eq ratio displaying incorrectly in scanner

aem eq ratio displaying incorrectly in scanner

i have an aem x series gauge displaying lambda properly but when i add it as a serial pid in the scanner the decimal point is in the wrong location. instead of the scanner showing aem eq ratio of 1.000, it is showing the eq ratio being 10.00. how do i fix this so i can use my histograms to display eq mixture errors so that i can properly tune?

i cant log afr becuase i am doing the double stoich half ifr with my injectors and im also running an ethanol mix (no flex fuel sensor) which i rather log lambda for.

Advanced Tuner
    That is kinda a known issue. The serial output is technically not supposed to change from AFR to Lambda when the gauge switches display. This is so changing the display wont affect logging. But, they do change from 14.65 base to 10.00 base. So, you may have to set up a math channel to divide by 10

Or, use the analog output. Which is much better than serial.

how do i set it u to divide by 10? analog input sucks. i rather not take a step back and even still that doesnt mean lambda will work.

Advanced Tuner
    In this particular case, analog is a step up.

The analog output section of the 30-0300 is VERY good. With ground offset compensation and trimmed calibration. There is a pic, in a thread here, somewhere; where, someone overlaid the analog signal with the OBDII signal from a 30-0333. The two were nearly indistinguishable. The update rate on the analog data is 500hz ( 2ms ). The analog output is always in Lambda mode. No matter what the display mode.

The serial output was a bit of an afterthought. It was only left there to be compatible with the older units. It is only a 3-digit output ( x.xx ) and runs at only 10Hz ( 100ms ).

So, the analog output is much faster and has much more resolution. The offset compensation prevents the problems usually associated with analog signals on widebands.

I would rate the data channels in this order.

1. OBDII/CAN ( 30-0333 )
    2. Analog ( 30-0300 )
    3. Serial (30.0300 )

That was me that posted the picture. The analog out was unreal, nearly indistinguishable from the CAN output. I'd run that before serial. Only downside is you have to add the pins to the harness (and need the pro interface)

Advanced Tuner
    The analog output lines are present on the 30-0300 gauge harness. They were left off of the OBDII 30-0333 version, along with the serial lines.

Even better