Thread: Start/Stop

Start/Stop

1458415798.hpt

I've had a surprising number of inquiries regarding disabling the start/stop feature in many new vehicles, so while cruising around in the above file investigating whether it is currently do-able, I noticed in Engine>General there is a Hybrid Capability tab allowing the selection of Non Hybrid, Mild Hybrid, Strong Hybrid & Start/Stop. My question is has anyone altered this from Start/Stop to Non Hybrid in an attempt to disable the Start/Stop feature? I don't have an appropriate vehicle at my disposal to test this on.

Thanks in advance

Did you ever find an answer to this? I would like to disable this on a newer Malibu.
    I may poke around and see if I can figure it out.
    Of course I don't know if a '16-'17 Malibu is even supported by HP. I haven't been on here for awhile.
    2016 Hellcat - 800 Miles - It's winter

I've had no feedback on this at all. I have 2 Malibu's that would commit to doing this if I could be certain it could be done, a '15 & a '16, however neither are at my disposal to tinker with.

If you get to the bottom of this please keep me posted on your results.

I added this parameter to a Malibu OS a while back. The feedback was that it does work but I beleive the headlights still turn off or something like that.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    I added this parameter to a Malibu OS a while back. The feedback was that it does work but I beleive the headlights still turn off or something like that.
    Any chance this parameter can be added to the Chevy Volt, I have been trying to accomplish this for a while.

Potential Tuner
    I am very interested in this also. I have been asked by 2 Malibu owners if I can turn off the start/stop. HP support said that it should work when I emailed them. I would like to know if by doing this that the car would behave like any other normal car. They don't have alot of feed back on this yet.

Please contact support and send us your tune file.

Senior Tuner
    Are there any updates on this? Just curious if it works for sure (setting it to non-hybrid) before I try this for someone local who is asking.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Did anyone figure anything out with this feature?

Advanced Tuner
    the only way i found to disable autostop is to put the shifter in L and manually shift/click to 6th gear ... it will still drive like D but uses a different set of parameters and wont engage autostop ... otherwise you need to stress the system with ac on max, radio, etc. but not always works ... or gain access to the schematic for the autostop system, yank a fuse and shut the light off