Thread: Factory option enabling for Dodge vehicles?

Factory option enabling for Dodge vehicles?

I have a lot of requests to enable factory options within the computer on dodge vehicles, mainly chargers and challengers. Things like the factory SRT pages in the EVIC menu, and performance monitoring pages in the uconnect screen. also things like activating rear back up cameras.

The reason I ask is because the dealers can do this with star scan, and their is at least one company making an aftermarket unit called the "tazer" that will allow these things to be activated.

I am hoping that HPtuners will offer this, as it would be pretty nice to offer customers a tune, as well as the performance monitoring screens.

As a dealer we can enable certain features like fog lights, trailer brakes and the like, but we can't magically make an R/T Challenger suddenly sprout all the SRT widgets. Chrysler has a data base for each vehicle configuration. We have to go into the VIN of the vehicle in the data base and enable whatever options got installed, if it's on the "allowed" list. (Very short list, tick a box style.) Then we have to perform a vehicle reconfiguration whereupon the new vin build is downloaded to all the respective modules from Chrysler's database. There is no room or allowance for any sort of creativity on the dealer side, even if we wanted to.
    Level 3 Master Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram technician
    20 years experience

Quote Originally Posted by Monzsta View Post
    As a dealer we can enable certain features like fog lights, trailer brakes and the like, but we can't magically make an R/T Challenger suddenly sprout all the SRT widgets. Chrysler has a data base for each vehicle configuration. We have to go into the VIN of the vehicle in the data base and enable whatever options got installed, if it's on the "allowed" list. (Very short list, tick a box style.) Then we have to perform a vehicle reconfiguration whereupon the new vin build is downloaded to all the respective modules from Chrysler's database. There is no room or allowance for any sort of creativity on the dealer side, even if we wanted to.
    check out http://www.zautotech.com/, and watch youtube vids on the SRT pages tazer. That little module can activate the SRT performance pages in the Dodges. I would like to thing that HPtuners pro tuning suite could do the same at some point.

What does it take to get a response from some one from HPtuners? even if you say no, or that it will never happen, or that you are researching it... Make me feel like you care...

Sorry, but this is unlikely at this time.

Tuner in Training
    Any updates from HPT at this time?