Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.7 fuel pressure incorrect.

Tuner in Training

6.7 fuel pressure incorrect.

Has anyone else seen the scanner, even in Beta display actual fuel pressure as incorrect? Across the board the scanner shows fuel pressure to be less than half of what it should be. For instance I see 11,200 psi at WOT however the OEM scanner displays 29000psi.

I can provide a log if necessary

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Maybe this will help. I attached the log file depicting the low fuel pressure actual

Also I have submitted a list of parameters that need to be added to the scanner so it is usable for tuning theses 6.7s

1) Injector pulsewidth
    2) Pilot timing and fuel and pulse
    3) Fuel rail pressure actual that is accurate
    4) Fuel rail pressure desired that is accurate
    5) Actual and commanded fuel pressure regulator current
    6) Gear selected
    7) Torque converter slip rpm
    8) Boost pressure
    9) Turbo position actual and desired

I think another thread needs to be started for what needs to be added to the editor file.

Craig C rev 3 2012 6.7.hplCraig C rev 3 2012 6.7.hpl

Potential Tuner
    Yes, I have found the same results as you with fuel pressure. Hope this gets fixed up for us

Quote Originally Posted by tjhenne View Post
    Has anyone else seen the scanner, even in Beta display actual fuel pressure as incorrect? Across the board the scanner shows fuel pressure to be less than half of what it should be. For instance I see 11,200 psi at WOT however the OEM scanner displays 29000psi.

I can provide a log if necessary

Thanks
    What year truck?
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    The one I noticed the erroneous readings on was a 2015. I have a 2011 I can scan tonight and check it out to see if the readings are also incorrect. Thanks Eric

Tuner in Training
    All of them. 2011-2016.

Tuner in Training
    Just confirmed, all years, 2011-12,13,14,15,16 do the same thing.

Is there anything we can do to help get more usable and accurate PIDs?

Thanks!

Eric@HPTuners any update on this?

Fuel pressure fixed in tomorrows build. Let me know how it works, and the other 6.7L pids are reading.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Fuel pressure fixed in tomorrows build. Let me know how it works, and the other 6.7L pids are reading.
    Thanks Eric! Is there anyway for me to tell when the new builds hit the web server?

I grabbed both Version 3.4.85 and 3.5.451 today. It seems they both behave pretty much the same and have fuel rail pressure that's closer. It appears PSI may be off by a factor of 10 at idle. Ford IDS said 3700PSI, VCM Scanner said 37,000PSI. I didn't get a chance to try other RPM ranges, hopefully tomorrow I can test a bit more. Also, I'm still not seeing of the other parameters become available. The parameter list appears the same to me. Anyone else notice more available parameters for the 6.7?

Eric@HPTuners - I grabbed 3.5.455 today. Same issues. Rail pressure is off by a factor of 10. I'm no pro at using this yet but it seems to me we haven't gained any parameters either.
    Last edited by gilgamesh; 03-26-2017 at 08:00 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gilgamesh View Post
    Eric@HPTuners - I grabbed 3.5.455 today. Same issues. Rail pressure is off by a factor of 10. I'm no pro at using this yet but it seems to me we haven't gained any parameters either.
    Be sure to select "Vehicles">"Repoll for Supported Parameters" to check for new PIDs. The Scanner usually works off the last obtained list in cars/strategies you connect to on a regular basis. It doesn't Repoll each time you connect or after updates.

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Be sure to select "Vehicles">"Repoll for Supported Parameters" to check for new PIDs. The Scanner usually works off the last obtained list in cars/strategies you connect to on a regular basis. It doesn't Repoll each time you connect or after updates.
    I repolled the vehicle then tried to add new channels. Unfortunately it looks like the same list of available channels to me.

Electech are you seeing something different when you repoll the 6.7?

Eric -

I did a bunch of logging today, the actual rail pressure values are exactly 100,000 psi higher than they should be. I verified this by creating a math transform variable and subtracted 100,000 from the displayed value and it tracks my Ford OEM tool.

Also, if there is time I think a DPF pressure, soot load, or temperature is warranted. After bigger injectors and turbo, I think I am running into a limiter that isn't mapped out for max delta pressure or a variance of some sort across the DPF. It will literally kill the trucks power > 560RWHP with full emissions intact.

Thanks so far for all the hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrated Performance View Post
    Eric -

I did a bunch of logging today, the actual rail pressure values are exactly 100,000 psi higher than they should be. I verified this by creating a math transform variable and subtracted 100,000 from the displayed value and it tracks my Ford OEM tool.

Also, if there is time I think a DPF pressure, soot load, or temperature is warranted. After bigger injectors and turbo, I think I am running into a limiter that isn't mapped out for max delta pressure or a variance of some sort across the DPF. It will literally kill the trucks power > 560RWHP with full emissions intact.

Thanks so far for all the hard work!
    In version 3.5.455 they are off by a factor of 10. Take the rail pressure values in PSI from VCM Scanner and divide by 10.
    Last edited by gilgamesh; 03-27-2017 at 04:46 PM. Reason: PSI clarification

Quote Originally Posted by gilgamesh View Post
    In version 3.5.455 they are off by a factor of 10. Take the rail pressure values in PSI from VCM Scanner and divide by 10.

I also just logged in 3.5 455, also off by a factor of 10.

What year trucks are you logging? I need to know if its off in both the 11-12, and the 13-16 (the ECMs are different slightly)
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

What year trucks are you logging? I need to know if its off in both the 11-12, and the 13-16 (the ECMs are different slightly)
    2011 here

Download latest 3.4, and let me know if it is still incorrect.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC