Thread: Shift and launch assist 2013 Focus ST

Shift and launch assist 2013 Focus ST

Hi I flashed my 2013 Focus ST with a canned tune and read the car to see what they changed. The handheld had the option to disable "shift assist" and "launch assist." Comparing my stock file to what I pulled from the canned tune, I don't see anything that looks like it would effect this. The Torque based decel tables were left stock. Could support for tuning or enabling/disabling these features be added?

EDIT: The tune did change "load switch" from 6 to 1 under Transmisson - General. Can't find any info on this though.
    Last edited by Exley; 12-02-2016 at 11:25 AM.
    Previous
    2007 Mustang GT w/ Whipple supercharger
    2013 Focus ST
    2016 Volkswagen GTI

Current
    2019 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Exley View Post
    Hi I flashed my 2013 Focus ST with a canned tune and read the car to see what they changed. The handheld had the option to disable "shift assist" and "launch assist." Comparing my stock file to what I pulled from the canned tune, I don't see anything that looks like it would effect this. The Torque based decel tables were left stock. Could support for tuning or enabling/disabling these features be added?

EDIT: The tune did change "load switch" from 1 to 6 under Transmisson - General. Can't find any info on this though.
    If you e-mail your file to Eric, he can find and add the flags.
    [email protected]

Eric, Would the Load Switch setting under transmission have anything to do with this? I can send in the files if that would help.
    Previous
    2013 Focus ST
    2016 Volkswagen GTI

Current
    2019 Golf R

I tried this over the weekend. Changed Load Switch to 1, didn't notice any difference in the clutch out assist or the rev hang anticipating the next gear.
    Previous
    2013 Focus ST
    2016 Volkswagen GTI

Current
    2019 Golf R

Load Switch is not used on any modern vehicles as far as I'm aware.
    Did you email your map with rev hang/clutch assist to Eric so he can add the switches for you? That's the only way you'll get the ability to control them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugasu View Post
    Load Switch is not used on any modern vehicles as far as I'm aware.
    Did you email your map with rev hang/clutch assist to Eric so he can add the switches for you? That's the only way you'll get the ability to control them.
    Thanks for the confirmation.

Just sent an email to support.

Also wanted to thank you. I've been reading your posts here and on other forums about LSPI and the general logic of the ecoboost motors. As a hobbyist it's great to have access to this info.
    Last edited by Exley; 12-14-2016 at 12:47 PM.
    Previous
    2013 Focus ST
    2016 Volkswagen GTI

Current
    2019 Golf R

Previous
    2013 Focus ST
    2016 Volkswagen GTI

Current
    2019 Golf R