Thread: were do you start from?

Tuner in Training

were do you start from?

hey i have a quick question for you guys i wanting to get the hp tuner and start giving this stuff a go i was just curious when i start tuning does hp give you pre tuned files of am i going to have to start from scratch off of the stock file

Potential Tuner
    plz help/how do I make a post on here?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brenterwin View Post
    hey i have a quick question for you guys i wanting to get the hp tuner and start giving this stuff a go i was just curious when i start tuning does hp give you pre tuned files of am i going to have to start from scratch off of the stock file
    When you first Read your PCM/ECU, you will be able to see your tune (graphs of your timing, fuel... everything).
    You can also do that ^ to any car which is compatible with HP Tuners (like, "steal"/copy the tune out of a random car.. a car like yours.. or a modified engine/tune.. and it's free.. and takes about 2 minutes).
    You can also download stock tunes from somewhere on the HP Tuners website, but you'll need to make an account (an other account.. not your "brenterwin" forum account).
    You can also search this forum for tunes.
    HP Tuners also comes with sample tunes too. I don't remember how many though. Maybe 5. I have heaps.
    You can also compare 2 tunes (load up 2 different tunes and compare them side to side type of thing.. such as your stock tune vs your modified tune).
    Fyi, not all "stock" tunes are stock.. even if they say they are. Yours might not be too, even if you think it is. Try to get a few of the same thing/tune/model/car to compare them.. if you want/care.

Quote Originally Posted by sonoma288 View Post
    plz help/how do I make a post on here?
    You just did. HTH.