lunati 650 lift dual springs
    cold air 3.5 inch cold air intake
    10.5mm wires
    ported throttle body
    mid lengh headers 2.5in collector
    cat and rear 02 delete
    custom 2.5 inch y pipe with 3 inch out. magnaflow muffler
    fresh factory build

I paid a ton of money to a builder tuner to build and delete my engine. he left me with a boggas tune that would harm my engine. ive since put a performance factory tune on the truck but its still not running right. can someone please help with the basics. timing and fuel. im pretty sure its not right. ive been studying day and night tring to teach myself from nothing on how to properly tune a engine and trans. good news it runs ok. but its lean. idle seems like its a timing problem. performance is lacking. can some one help a guy out. thanks to all that read this. i think i got my tune attached. dont hate on me to bad ive never tuned before a month ago.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post the tune file.

If you haven't done much VVE and MAF tuning for the cam/headers/intake/throttle body changes, you will want to for sure start there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    here is the tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    i guess my biggest thing is there a base starting point on some stuff? tables ect. im at a loss. ive been trying so hard to get some where and im losing the battle

You still should disable the post cat o2 test under engine diag.

As I kind of pointed towards, if you have not done much tuning to the VVE and MAF curves you should start there. Idle timing is just something you'll have to play with, same with the base running airflow to get the idle decent. It may help you to raise the idle from 550-600 to say 700-750 for starters to help smooth things out.

There are a few guides in the VCM scanner section about setting up the scanner to tune the VVE and MAF. Once you know the airflow tables are okay you can work on wide open throttle tuning and start making more power.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    where would i find vve at. not sure what it means

Edit > VVE editor.

VVE is what VE is a the older GEN 3 computers. It's a table that figured out airflow based on the MAP sensor with various sensors instead of the MAF sensor. The computer uses both the MAF and VVE tables to figure out airflow and fueling for the engine so having both correct is ideally wanted.

Tuner in Training
    I have the E38 ecu. im not sure witch one to adjust. most are at zero. and i dont see one that is (VVE) im in ENGINE-AIRFLOW-GENERAL-MAIN VE

Click the edit tab, then click VVE editor (virtual VE) like I said. Double check that you are in advanced view under the edit tab too.

It's there, the GEN 4 computers do not have a regular VE table anymore.

You make adjustments to both the manifold switch closed and manifold switch open tables, make both the same. The DOD tables you can leave alone.

Tuner in Training
    Ok so i found it. .... Can you help on how to make adjustments here

Making adjustments to the VVE depends on your tuning strategy. Open Loop with a WB or Closed Loop with the O2 sensors via LT+ST fuel trims. Disable the MAF by setting the Maf Fail Fqz to 0, set DTC's p0101-03 to mil on first. Disable Cat Over Temp protection. There are several other tables that deal with fuel adders vs IAT and IVT that should be set to 1.0 at and above operating temps to prevent fuel adding. But, Either way, you need to create a histogram in the scanner to log fuel error %. Then it is a matter driving (Street Tune) or Dyno use to find out the fueling error%. Making adjustments is just a matter of cut, copy, paste special- multiply by % to the VVE, recalculate the coefficient, smooth and repeat to get an error of +/- 4 to 5%. After that, use the Multiply by half % to get to a 0-3% +/- error. Once your within 3% you can call it good for the VVE.... Then re-enable the MAF and set to MAF only... Using a WB... use the same technique of Drive, Log error%, cut, copy, paste special mult by %.... to +/- 3%.... Personally, I always use Open Loop with a WB in Lambda.... That's just my preference though...
    Sometimes I stick an ice cream cone to my forehead and pretend I'm a Unicorn...!

Tuner in Training
    thankyou for all the info. looks like this is going to take a little while lol