Thread: scanner not reading any parameters

Potential Tuner

Angry scanner not reading any parameters

since updating to latest version, my scanner will not read any parameters. it doesn't show speed, rpm, ect, or any of the sensor info. it show connected to vehicle but does not show any info.

It's always worth a shot to clear the last vehicle used in the scanner and re-poll everything. Even delete the channel from the scanner display and re-add it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    did that and still nothing. tried scanning 3 different vehicles. i can edit and write tunes but can't scan and data log running vehicles. i can clear dtcs but can't use the vehicle control and special functions.

Re-download the lastest build again?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    will try that. has anyone else encountered any logging issues?

Tuner in Training
    I've had some issues with the graph and gauges during live logging. The graph stops updating compeletly and some gauges (RPM, MAP) stop working as well... after pressing stop on the logger, and reviewing the log, everything works, all the data is there and displayed. I log generic parameters. Not the same situation as you, just merely answering your question.

Tuner in Training
    Find a solution? I just went to plug mine in to my Camaro, and it would read for a few seconds then go blank. Now it won't ready anything, just the time along the bottom.

Hey guys,
    I just downloaded latest update 3.4.40 and I cant do a standalone log as well.

TJ PERFORMANCE
    2014 HSV GEN F R8 SV Enhanced (LS3 340KW)
    6 Spd Manual
    Tuned @ 281RWKW/629Nm with OTR and 100cell CATS only.

Potential Tuner
    New on here but have used my scanner multiple times. Now I cant get it to display KR, Inj DC, and current gear. Has anyone came up with a solution?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HOODRAT View Post
    New on here but have used my scanner multiple times. Now I cant get it to display KR, Inj DC, and current gear. Has anyone came up with a solution?
    It depends on what platform you are scanning. Those parameters are typically enhanced PIDs and aren't available for every platform. You may need to contact support to see if they can be added.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    It depends on what platform you are scanning. Those parameters are typically enhanced PIDs and aren't available for every platform. You may need to contact support to see if they can be added.
    was using it to scan an E38 in my 2009 G8 GT. I think I figured out what the problem was. When I updated to the new 3.4 it cleared out some of my PID channels so I had to go in and add some back. I could be wrong but once I added all the individual cylinder knock PIDs I was able to then add knock retard to my readout. Thankfully I barely get any knock retard (.6* or less) and only for a split second at a time in a couple places. Car actually seems to be doing better than I thought. was really concerned about KR due to it being tuned on 93 octane and all I can get here in NE Oklahoma is 91 octane. Seems all is well, thanks for response.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    was using it to scan an E38 in my 2009 G8 GT. I think I figured out what the problem was. When I updated to the new 3.4 it cleared out some of my PID channels so I had to go in and add some back. I could be wrong but once I added all the individual cylinder knock PIDs I was able to then add knock retard to my readout. Thankfully I barely get any knock retard (.6* or less) and only for a split second at a time in a couple places. Car actually seems to be doing better than I thought. was really concerned about KR due to it being tuned on 93 octane and all I can get here in NE Oklahoma is 91 octane. Seems all is well, thanks for response.

Tuner in Training
    3.4 is giving me headaches as well. I just sent someone home untuned after driving around trying to streettune for an hour and nothing is reading right. I imported my custom configs for sd tune and maf tune from version 2.24 and nothing is working properly. I had to set up my wideband all over again but it isnt reading correctly. Gauge is showing different afrs than vcm scanner is showing. finally switched to STFTs to try to at least get him close that way but its not logging those correctly either and just populates all cells that he hits with 5s.to make matters worse, everytime I save a bin it sets it to read only and then I have to goto file properties or it wont let me save any changes I make. I never had any of these issues with 2.24!! I guess Im going to go back to 2.24 just like I did after trying 3.0.These last few "updates" have been ridiculous!

Using old 2.24 configs is really not a great idea.. it takes next to no time to re-create what you need and then you don't have to worry about it

I looked at your log in the other thread. Are you sure STFT's aren't just disabled or otherwise error'd out? It looks like it's just using LTFT's and using what it "remembers" for different fuel trim cells and leaving STFT's at 0. That, or VCM Scanner just flat out isn't reading STFT's correctly
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Using old 2.24 configs is really not a great idea.. it takes next to no time to re-create what you need and then you don't have to worry about it

I looked at your log in the other thread. Are you sure STFT's aren't just disabled or otherwise error'd out? It looks like it's just using LTFT's and using what it "remembers" for different fuel trim cells and leaving STFT's at 0. That, or VCM Scanner just flat out isn't reading STFT's correctly
    if youre talking to me then yes Im pretty sure the STFTs werent disabled seeing as how the scan I posted was the stock tune. Only changes on it were to top speed limiter and speedometer correction for larger tires.

I'm pretty sure STFT's were disabled or not working for whatever reason. The NB O2 sensor readings look like STFT's aren't doing anything, to me anyways
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock