Thread: Startup InjPW Scalar?

Startup InjPW Scalar?

So I got some 1300. I want to duel tune one for e85 and one for gas. The gas is where I need to go over 16 to around 22.25 and was wondering what others have done. I email tech but internet was down yesterday and I had to work late so I wont be able to send it till tomorrow. Has anyone had to have it unlocked and I know Id1300 show it at over 16 also.

Advanced Tuner
    16 is the PCM limit, i talked to support a couple weeks ago. I'm using 1700's in a Hellcat and use 16 with no problems.

Thanks I was looking and you still have startup base table so my un experienced logic makes me think the scalar is just for fuel consumption calculations??

Senior Tuner
    Bumping this back up. What exactly is the scalar used for? And I thought the scalar was to be increased by the same factor your new injectors are increasing. ID1300 are a 124lb/hr injector at 43.5psi and about 165lb/hr at 58psi. A stock 392 has 44lb/hr injectors. so that is a factor increase of 3.75. Factory 392 cars have a stock Startup Inj Scalar of 3.675, so that should be set to 13.69? It doesn't matter what type of fuel either, injectors flow the same amount of fluid whether it is e85 or 93 pump gas, why would a 93 tune need a 22.25 factor?

Advanced Tuner
    Adding another bump with the exact same question: What is this parameter actually used for?

According to the HP tuners info bar it's the "Factor to convert from Mass to Injector PW during startup (mg/ms)". Given the units are in mg/ms you would have to assume that you set it to the same as whats in the Fuel Mass vs Inj PW table at 1ms? At a guess I would probably think that the mass defined here is used to gauge the amount of fuel wetting the runners/ports during the start up phase thus possibly affecting transient fueling during this phase.

It seems that the actual amount of fuel on start up is defined by the start up base PW x baro multi x FFV multi x closed/open throttle multi tables.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HaasExp View Post
    Adding another bump with the exact same question: What is this parameter actually used for?

According to the HP tuners info bar it's the "Factor to convert from Mass to Injector PW during startup (mg/ms)". Given the units are in mg/ms you would have to assume that you set it to the same as whats in the Fuel Mass vs Inj PW table at 1ms? At a guess I would probably think that the mass defined here is used to gauge the amount of fuel wetting the runners/ports during the start up phase thus possibly affecting transient fueling during this phase.

It seems that the actual amount of fuel on start up is defined by the start up base PW x baro multi x FFV multi x closed/open throttle multi tables.
    im having an issue with to much fuel after startup and lasting until i cycle the ignition and startup agin 2 or 3 times before the car can drive without sputterin bad. as long as the car is hot it wont do it but once it cools down, it all happens again. should i lower the scalar im at 3.675?
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.