Thread: Deleting TM on 2016 Sierra 5.3 6L80E

Tuner in Training

Deleting TM on 2016 Sierra 5.3 6L80E

I just opened the tables to my 2016 Sierra for the first time and upgraded to HPT ver 3.4, all at the same time. Needless to say, the options and menus differ very much from my 2011 Sierra and 1998 Camaro. In my 2011, to delete TM, all I had to do was modify the values in the Engine>Tq Management>Tq Limit vs. RPM>Max Tq then bump up the RPM in the Trans>Tq Management>Stall Tq Management and that was that. There are a lot more tables to modify in this new version. I did a search and read a bit about Shift Tq Factor and Shift Tq Factor Adder, but I'm having trouble understanding exactly what they do and how they relate to each other and TM.

I did my first scan last night and saw that partial throttle advance is dropping to around 3-4* total on shifts and to negative values at WOT. I don't know if I want to delete this completely, but reducing it by at least 50% would be a start. Any help?

no such thing. The E92 is torque based and "Torque Management" controls your idle, your throttle, your injection timing, your spark, etc etc.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    no such thing. The E92 is torque based and "Torque Management" controls your idle, your throttle, your injection timing, your spark, etc etc.
    Thanks for the reply.

So what's the trick to limiting the timing decay on shifts? Is it all done through the spark tables now?

Tuner
    I just took a look and am wondering the same thing on my 2015 Silverado 6.2 A8 drivetrain. I got my tire size updated since I have those upgraded, but dang... just about nothing is the same as my previous gen 3 gen 4 vehicles that I've tuned. HELP! hahaha Dang power drop on shifts is redonkulus!!!
    2015 Chevy Silverado Z71 LTZ 6.2 A8
    1974 GMC Super 1500 (5.3, LS9 cam, Ebay Long Tubes, 3" stainless duals, Summit 3" stainless welded mufflers, dumps, 4L65E Monster Transmission)

Tuner
    Found a supercharged tune where they made some transmission changes. Seems to be the biggest change they made for tq management is maxing out the fields showing 96,674 on the left. Other changes seem minimal between the two tunes. I've comepared a few Camaro and Corvette ones and they seem to do similar changes to those values, or at least bumped from stock.
    tqmanage1.png
    tqmanage2.png

Another spot that seems to hold true, is in the transmission section.

transtqlimit1.png
    transtqlimit2.png
    If anyone could confirm some of these settings, and add others if needed...
    1974 GMC Super 1500 (5.3, LS9 cam, Ebay Long Tubes, 3" stainless duals, Summit 3" stainless welded mufflers, dumps, 4L65E Monster Transmission)

thats how the vettes come stock, they are not changed from stock in those screen shots.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    thats how the vettes come stock, they are not changed from stock in those screen shots.
    How would people go about getting rid of the horrible pause on these shifts? It feels like someone who doesn't know how to drive stick is in charge of my shifts. Have there been any how to's posted on these updated versions?

Quote Originally Posted by SS_bnoon_SS View Post
    How would people go about getting rid of the horrible pause on these shifts? It feels like someone who doesn't know how to drive stick is in charge of my shifts. Have there been any how to's posted on these updated versions?
    are there any mods on the truck? i only experience sloppy shifts after modifications and not properly altering the torque model. check out the thread about the Torque Editor in the Beta.

Tuner in Training
    where is that thread

on the first page of Gen V.... currently 8 threads down. :-|

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ty-now-in-beta!