Thread: LS6 tune help

Tuner in Training

LS6 tune help

I've been scratching my head for a while trying to tune my LS6 (2003 Z06) for some time now. The car runs pretty well in general, but for some reason I am not able to get it to go into DFCO after installing a set of GTP injectors (0 280 155 811)
    I have used the generally accepted data for these injectors, and while the car runs great on throttle, when you let off the throttle the car does not enter DFCO, and at low speeds starts to buck and hesitate.

Any help looking at this tune is appreciated. (Go easy, I'm sort of new to this)

Some notes:
    2003 C5 Z06 (LS6)
    226/230 .598/.600 116LSA cam
    Vararam intake w/ power duct
    LS7/9 exhaust manifolds and cats
    Bosch 0 280 155 811 injectors

Car was tuned with stock injectors (but no wideband) buy the installer of the cam and ran absolutely flawless at part throttle.
    Issues existed after installation of injectors which was tuned by me.

I attached 2 data logs. Hopefully you guys can see my wideband readout. I had to mickeymouse it to work with my standard MPVI through the EGR input.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I should probably attach my layout and channels.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    You will need to adjust the DFCO settings. It is common for cam cars to not reach the requirements due to less vacuum being pulled.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    The thing that gets me is that it entered dfco before changing the injectors.

Senior Tuner
    scaling correct for them? Keep in mind the gtp injectors are "larger" due to the fuel pressure behind them as the w-bodies run lower fuel pressure.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    I believe the scaling is correct. The low load fueling pretty much remained the same without touching anything from the maf.
    I used a set of data that was provided in one of the threads here regarding the GTP injectors. I am running a C5 Z06 that uses a 58psi rail.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not sure why you're not entering DFCO but your MAP is below the threshold, so that's not the issue. As for the low rpm jerkiness, did you touch the VE table at all after swapping injectors?

Tuner in Training
    I have not changed the VE at all. Just being injectors and no other airflow mods I didn't feel the need to. It was really spot on before I'd hate to ruin that.

Advanced Tuner
    in theory if the injector data was perfect, fuel tables wouldn't need to be touched...but that is pretty much never the case in my experience. Is the wideband permanently installed? If so then it should be pretty easy to at least confirm or deny if the VE table needs readdressed- which could explain some of the jerkiness at low loads.

Tuner in Training
    So I have figured out why the car would not go into DFCO, and it turns out its because the clutch up switch did not engage properly with the pedal up. Adjusting it got DFCO to work. I still have the low RPM jerkiness.

Advanced Tuner
    What shop/who did the tune if you don't mind me asking? I have a setup very similar to yours (03Z, 226/230 113 EPS cam) and it definitely had some low rpm jerkiness until the VE table was cleaned up (I originally was running an email/semi-generic tune which did not touch the VE table much). How low of RPMs we talking? Below 1500 or so on mine you have to be gentle with the throttle or I occasionally get some jerkiness.

Tuner in Training
    I had the car tuned by American Heritage Performance in Harbor City CA on the road, the car had no issues in low rpm driving before I swapped the injectors in. It basically drove and idled stock, but ran right up to 7000rpm. Not sure what my issue is now, but I'm certain its the injectors.

Does anyone have solid injector data on the 0 280 155 811 injectors?