Thread: trying but am lost

trying but am lost

2008 turbo jeep wrangler been playing around with it today. Started to do two bar map not sure how to scale it.
    Got it to idle with two bar map today but its not right don't dare to drive it. Idles and runs good with stock tune and stock map but would cut out if i stay in the boost.
    any pointers would be great. thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2008 jeep Wrangler 3.8
    1995 trans Am ls1
    2011 volt

Oh and the injector duty cycle doesn't seem to work with scanner and maybe knock sensor too. hoping it a settings problem not jeep problem
    2008 jeep Wrangler 3.8
    1995 trans Am ls1
    2011 volt

Advanced Tuner
    If the "2 bar" map sensor is one from a Neon SRT-4 (which is actually a 2.25 bar sensor), the linear scaling and offsets looks accurate.

As for the tables that will define fueling and spark, they haven't been scaled for boost yet, so you're right to be cautious. All your VE tables, PE tables, and Spark tables (just to name a few) need their load axis' scaled for your desired range of pressure, then you need to set conservative values to start with and interpolate between the last confidently defined loadpoint from the stock tune to the conservative high loadpoint values you define. From there, several low boost, limited RPM profiling pulls would be wise to characterize how the engine responds and to fine tune at that point before turning things up (whether that be RPM and/or boost) and fine tuning those points.

But before any of that can occur, you need to be confident that you have the proper MAP sensor settings. What causes you to doubt the map sensor scaling as far as liner and offset values are concerned? Is the logged absolute pressure looking wrong for what would be expected?

Thanks for helping. Doing a lot of reading and getting a little more understanding about it.
    As for as the map I don't know why yet but things don't add up some where. The stock map was around 40 kpa the new map is around 28 kpa. At work so having hard time researching this on phone. This coming weekend I hope to spend a lot more time on it. After putting new map in it should be about the same as old one or am I wrong.
    2008 jeep Wrangler 3.8
    1995 trans Am ls1
    2011 volt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwrench View Post
    Thanks for helping. Doing a lot of reading and getting a little more understanding about it.
    As for as the map I don't know why yet but things don't add up some where. The stock map was around 40 kpa the new map is around 28 kpa. At work so having hard time researching this on phone. This coming weekend I hope to spend a lot more time on it. After putting new map in it should be about the same as old one or am I wrong.
    Yes, map readout should be very similar from old to new, but it's best to test at KOEO (Key On Engine Off) so that you don't get inconsistencies from different running conditions.

If you're near sea level, then you should be seeing near 100 kPa at KOEO. For reference, I'm at 4500 ft elevation, and I typically see around 85 to 86 kPa during KOEO.

Ok thanks i got map off ebay for a turbo neon but starting to think it's maybe a 3 bar. i will try KOEO. i am 850 ft elevation so close to 100 then. will look it up. I really appreciate the help thanks
    2008 jeep Wrangler 3.8
    1995 trans Am ls1
    2011 volt

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    Post the part number on the map sensor
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    Post the part number on the map sensor
    Ok thanks i got map off ebay for a turbo neon but starting to think it's maybe a 3 bar. i will try KOEO. i am 850 ft elevation so close to 100 then. will look it up. I really appreciate the help thanks
    Also post up a picture of the sensor itself. Could be helpful in identifying if it really is a Neon based sensor or not.

Got new map today from dodge dealer now it looks right. KOEO kpa was 97 and 38 running. thanks again for help.
    Now i need to finish the wideband install then come the fun part. please stay around may need more help.
    Last edited by johnwrench; 12-13-2016 at 11:00 PM.
    2008 jeep Wrangler 3.8
    1995 trans Am ls1
    2011 volt

Hey guys need a little more help. When i open the VE table and click on the ratio it opens pressure ratio axis table is there any way to add too the scale or am i stuck with 6 set points.
    If i am stuck with it can i change the scale. I tried but gives me a warning that i am out of perimeters
    2008 jeep Wrangler 3.8
    1995 trans Am ls1
    2011 volt

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you can not get more resolution first see what you idle and cruise at in regards to p ratio, then determine how you want to scale
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

had some time to play with jeep but the more i learn the worse i make it lol. Have trouble with Afr at idle and after i let off throttle. Even with stock tune and map the idle afr is 15.5 to 16 missing something. I did not see the point of going any further with tune tell i get bigger injectors. I have some old 60 lbs Siemens and some Gm 34lbs Gtp injectors but don't know where to start with them

tune scan my jk.hpl
    Last edited by johnwrench; 12-21-2016 at 09:44 PM.
    2008 jeep Wrangler 3.8
    1995 trans Am ls1
    2011 volt

ok i think i found the offset for the siemens injectors 8 volts 1.538 ms; 9v 1.231ms; 10v 0.923; 11v 0.708; 12v 0.523; 13v 0.400ms; 14v 0.308; 15v 0.215; 16v 0.092; 17v 0.000. the Minimum Pulse Width: 1.5 ms. now for injpw vs fuel mass and fuel mass vs injpw is there a calculations to help figure it out.
    2008 jeep Wrangler 3.8
    1995 trans Am ls1
    2011 volt

thanks Scottyb that was helpfull.
    2008 jeep Wrangler 3.8
    1995 trans Am ls1
    2011 volt

Ok so I think I got it the math for the fuel mass. Just multiply different from stock to new injectors. How about injpw do I leave them alone?
    Sorry for being such a newbie really appreciate the help here
    Last edited by johnwrench; 12-23-2016 at 09:03 PM.
    2008 jeep Wrangler 3.8
    1995 trans Am ls1
    2011 volt

Having trouble with a miss i can't find. Put 2 set of plugs, plug wires and new coil. Before new coil i had missing on 2 and 5 and plugs where wet. Now mostly on 5 all plugs look ok.
    Thinking i got bad coil as the spark never takea break spark is constant.
    put scan file and tune if someone could make sure it not in my tune thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2008 jeep Wrangler 3.8
    1995 trans Am ls1
    2011 volt

Tuner in Training
    Having trouble with a miss i can't find. Put 2 set of plugs, plug wires and new coil. Before new coil i had missing on 2 and 5 and plugs where wet. Now mostly on 5 all plugs look ok.
    Thinking i got bad coil as the spark never takea break spark is constant.
    put scan file and tune if someone could make sure it not in my tune thanks
    just curious how is this a 2 bar tune your spark table only goes to 170kpa