Thread: Problem with Map Data

Potential Tuner

Unhappy Problem with Map Data

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum and new to RaceRender3, been playing with it for a few days now but I'm having a few issues with map data, I've also been using Dashware and the same data is running perfectly.

Anyways... the issue that I'm having is that the RaceRender Program is not displaying a map properly, is only show as small sections of it, which is quite frustrating... anyone know the fix?

I've attached a couple of pictures of what I mean:

RR3-Snett300.png

RR3-Lydden.png

Heres the same data on Dashware working fine:

DW-Snett300.png

DW-Lydden.png

help!!....
    When people ask me.. Aren't you scared you'll kill yourself if you crash?...I say no, you live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people live in they're whole lifetime.
    What I do isn't easy, what I do isn't safe, my bike is my passion and if one day the speed kills me, do not cry for me because I was smiling

Most likely, there's just an incomplete lap being misidentified as your best lap, and it is plotting that (a best lap tends to make for the cleanest plot). That may happen with some data systems more than others.

To resolve this problem, you could double-click on the track map display object, which will open its properties box on the right, and then change the "Draw Selected Lap" setting to something other than "Best".

Potential Tuner
    thanks for the speedy answer mate but it wasn't that, I worked it out in the end! it was because I had two Start/Finish lines logged for some reason!

to change it, it was the little chequered flag icon above the Input files box, selected the correct S/F line and tada!!
    Last edited by SpeegyRSV4; 12-13-2016 at 12:42 PM.
    When people ask me.. Aren't you scared you'll kill yourself if you crash?...I say no, you live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people live in they're whole lifetime.
    What I do isn't easy, what I do isn't safe, my bike is my passion and if one day the speed kills me, do not cry for me because I was smiling

Potential Tuner
    I have another question:

In the pictures I posted above if you look at the Dashware images (in the bottom right), I have added a +/- split timer which updates every 0.5 secs, this is a fantastic feature which really enable you to see where you can make the most improvement in your lap times.

I've search everywhere on the RaceRender3 lap counter, lap timers & text data and I cannot find this same feature... please tell me you have this guys because it really is a must with overlay software...
    Last edited by SpeegyRSV4; 12-14-2016 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeegyRSV4 View Post
    I have another question:

In the pictures I posted above if you look at the Dashware images (in the bottom right), I have added a +/- split timer which updates every 0.5 secs, this is a fantastic feature which really enable you to see where you can make the most improvement in your lap times.

I've search everywhere on the RaceRender3 lap counter, lap timers & text data and I cannot find this same feature... please tell me you have this guys because it really is a much with overlay software...
    Yes, if your data file supplies a data channel for this (ie +/- time in seconds), then it should be possible to use RaceRender to visualize it... a standard Timer or Text Data object should be able to display that for you. Unfortunately, not all data systems will give you what you need here... Our own TrackAddict smartphone app will do it starting on Lap 2, as can some high-end data acquisition systems, but the rest tend to vary. So at the current time, we are relying on the data system to provide this timing function along with its other lap/timing info, and don't presently have a universal feature to estimate it ourselves.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    Yes, if your data file supplies a data channel for this (ie +/- time in seconds), then it should be possible to use RaceRender to visualize it... a standard Timer or Text Data object should be able to display that for you. Unfortunately, not all data systems will give you what you need here... Our own TrackAddict smartphone app will do it starting on Lap 2, as can some high-end data acquisition systems, but the rest tend to vary. So at the current time, we are relying on the data system to provide this timing function along with its other lap/timing info, and don't presently have a universal feature to estimate it ourselves.
    Right... I'm really struggling to understand your answer, can I do this or not?, the data I have is from a Speed Angle device which is a high performance data logger, and clearly the function of the +/- split is able to be done on Dashware.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeegyRSV4 View Post
    Right... I'm really struggling to understand your answer, can I do this or not?, the data I have is from a Speed Angle device which is a high performance data logger, and clearly the function of the +/- split is able to be done on Dashware.
    Some data systems will supply a data channel that indicates the +/- time delta in seconds, in which case RaceRender can visualize that, just as it can for most any data channel that's contained in the data file. In this case, a standard Timer or Text Data display set to that field should do the trick if you want a text-based display.

However, I don't believe that the Speed Angle system offers such a data channel. But there is some good news... As of RaceRender version 3.5.4, you can now ask it to estimate this time delta for you, via the built-in "(This Lap vs Best Lap)" and "(This Lap vs Cur Best Lap)" field selections, as described here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post464175

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for info guys! my last question then is do you know the date that the new 3.5.4 update with be available?

Yes, 3.5.4 is on the website as of a few hours ago: http://racerender.com/RR3/Download.html

Potential Tuner
    Found it! thanks guys! awesome update! don't need Dashware anymore!