Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supercharged LS3 erratic commanded EQ\AFR

Senior Tuner
    tuner locked.

put a tech 2 on it to see if there is some fpcm issues.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    Really? I disabled the tuner locks...shit, hold on.. sorry
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    whats the fuel pressure at on the rail?

Tuner in Training
    55-58psi...has ZL1 pump with a MSD BAP wired before the FPCM, wire the same as Whipple or Procharger kit would do. I am commanding a bit of voltage at higher boost(20v) to try and stretch the ZL1 pump.
    One thing to just throw out there, not sure if it contributes or not but it does have faults for Steering system and Stabilitrak. Are there certain faults in those systems that would default fuel status and disable PE?

Senior Tuner
    that won't disable pe on the e38 ecm. been there done that. id put a tech 2 on it to check to see if there is any fault codes due to the voltage and the lack of control by the fpcm. there is no reason for it to lock into hot fuel mode, unless the pressure is tanking due to the signal issue to the fpcm, or the pump giving up, which is unlikely.

Tuner in Training
    Cool man, Ill go take a look. I dont have a Tech 2 here with me but Ill see what I can read with my other scanner. Thanks for the help

Tuner in Training
    So was able to read codes on all the modules, nothing found on FPCM, cleared all the other random ones from other modules. No lights\warnings on dash, still stayed in hot fuel. Changed the hot fuel table to 100kpa and it started goin into the proper fuel modes, but still no PE.