Thread: LS Swap issue

Tuner in Training

LS Swap issue

I need some help please. I am doing my first LS swap for a friend and ran into an issue. He bought a really nice harness complete and ready to go. The issue is that the o2 sensors are not working properly and it is not going into closed loop. We tested the o2 sensors and they seem to be working (getting warm when powered). Let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary or any recommendations.

Thank you,
    Luke

12.14.16 No closed loop drive.hpltuned 12.13.16 no vats. removed DTCs trans shift improve.hpt12.14.16.Layout.Layout.xml

Make sure the harness is going to the correct side for each o2 sensor. Currently they act as if they have no power to them. They may only have the heater circuit working if they get warm but the other wires aren't doing anything.

We also can't view the tune file, it is tuner locked.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the quick reply! I will check to see if they are correct and make sure they have power to them.

It is not tuner locked. I will try to upload the file again.

Thank you!

tuned 12.13.16 no vats. removed DTCs trans shift improve.hpt

Tuner in Training
    I wanted to follow up on this. My friend took the harness back to the company that made it for him. They tested it and found that they had left out the ground circuit for the o2 sensors. He will have it back tomorrow and hopefully it will be all good.

Tuner in Training
    Ok so we have the o2 sensors working now but we are getting a very intermittent back fire through the exhaust. I feel like the tune is ok and that maybe there is a sensor issue or something else. Does anyone have any ideas of things we could check for? Again, any help is greatly appreciated! Other than the backfire it seems to be running ok.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your files are still coming up tuner locked. Everytime I open them it gives me that "error", you'll have to unlock them for anyone to see what you got going on.

In that log the fuel trims are through the roof, so the VE and MAF tune are still off. Past that I can't suggest much without see what the tune looks like.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

On custom harnesses such as yours I've seen backfiring happen when the coils are flipped. Driver side coil connectors plugged into the passenger coils and vice versa. If your harness is oriented correctly it may be a wiring issue if the tune is correct.