Thread: GS Throttle Dramas.

GS Throttle Dramas.

Hi guys,

Have been digging around readying the ute for dyno time, but have one constant annoyance.

I Cannot work out why the throttle will open to commanded values with the engine off, but when it exceeds around 62 degrees with the motor running it throws up a CEL and 2 codes ( P2110 and U0100 )

I have worked through the tables to see if i can isolate anything, but so far, nix.

The only improvement over stock was achieved by copying the values from the R spec .hpt in the repository.

Any ideas?
    Have spoken to a pro tuner and he had the same problem, but when the same values were input via an SCT box, the issue didnt replicate.

So one code means bugger all the other code is pointing you to the issue

Think about what you've done regarding the calibration and this code is the hint but not the exact issue

Cheers
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

I've altered everything in the tab that should relate to limiting the throttle, with no change of behaviour.

Unless Ive just not worked out how the IPC v Throttle table should relate to the throttle angle v pedal tables, Deff at a loss.

Are there other tabs that will go out of range based on throttle angle?

I know what you're trying to do and you've done it wrong, look at the factory tune and work out how and why they've done what they've done and then make smaller changes until you work out the full limits you can get to and I bet you've changed more than what you needed to

Next up think about what the change you're trying to make is actually going to do to ALL of the calibration and why it's not a smart idea to do so without a new starting point ( full calibration )
    Last edited by JETURBO; 12-18-2016 at 03:31 AM.
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons

Earlier, i wrote a more in depth response, but due to the forum thinking i am posting forbidden words? or too many URLs. Its not allowing the post.

I have worked through the tables that seem to be referencing the throttle, individually in small increments and as a whole.
    Havent managed to isolate that which i am supposed to be looking at

Had some joy using the stock R spec file in the Repository to cross reference differences and gained a small improvement, but still not near genuine blade WOT
    This resulted in going from around fifty degrees on the blade to sixty two degrees.
    Hence why i was looking at the angle v pedal tables.
    The other alterations were me hunting for the limiting factor to work back to.
    I've read a lot of your stuff before, am acutely aware of load / timing / fuel / knock.
    One cannot begin to work on things when the systems are not operating properly.
    Have not altered the multiplication factor on the pedal nor tinkered with much else.
    Even small changes are obviously throwing a mismatch with a prediction, but short of knowing what its referencing, not sure.
    The only thing i wonder about is, could the table labelled throttle angle max be mislabelled as reading degrees rather than percent ? Given the two above it come factory set at one hundred deg which has obvious issues.

Note: this is one of fords revised updated performed under warranty, which was always a weak file compared to as delivered.
    Tune is Stock. so there arent any other tinkerings that could be causing dramas.
    Last edited by Agent86; 12-18-2016 at 04:01 AM.

what factors do ford put against their FBW system? And why is that ?

there's variations of % and angle across the ford platforms

I looked at the engine protections in the Torque management tab, but nothing jumped out at me as being able to be out of range other than the predicted tq tables.

but according to the log, i wasnt out of range when the protections took throttle demand away and shut it into limp.

Think about the TB and the FBW and what it needs to input/output to work correctly

Think about the safety features that a FBW system needs to utilise to be a safe device/system, then modify together...

If you feel the read calibration is "funky" post it up with your logs
    Last edited by JETURBO; 12-18-2016 at 04:20 AM.

GS UTE STOCK ECU-TRANS 22-5-16.hpt

That is the file i am working with.
    Didnt save any log files.

that file is as good as rock stock and nothing wrong with it i just checked against a few stock GS files i have

Now post up your calibration and explain what you've changed and why you've chaged each part in your opinion ( limit the explanations to the Electronic Throttle tab )
    Last edited by JETURBO; 12-18-2016 at 05:12 AM.

Yep, thats unmodded.

I didnt save a tweaked file, because they are not working. not into chasing my tail on working out which random change whilst chasing another problem, is causing new problems.

GS UTE Best so far.hpt

That is what i altered.
    This functions, but any increases from here result in fail.

trans load, all the throttle cut fail safes and etc obviously need to have an accurate input from the pedal for the driver demand requestor as well as an accurate TB blade position to function as intended.

no point spoofing its location to get it open. car would try to use a throttle reduction for TCC or similar and it just wouldnt work. Sort of like the joke that was BA TCC.

by pushing those tables up in the same proportion the R spec tune used, i was able to get the throttle at multiple angles whilst logging with engine off, but upon engine start, anything beyond 62 went out of limits on an as yet, to me, unidentified parameter.

Ok so what are you going to do with what the Ford Ecu will try to do based off of the rest of the calibration???

Do you have a more complete tuned file ? You said previously that you know about all of the interactions and what needs to happen yet you've done nothing more that literally changing the TB angles

If you have a more complete tuned file and are going to actually make an attempt here post it up buddy as I'm not going to give it to you, unless you're making an effort

Start logging and saving them !!!
    Last edited by JETURBO; 12-18-2016 at 05:43 AM.

I dont expect to be handed anything, but neither am i prepared to smash together a guess tune. which is all it would be, at this stage.
    I understand that all knowledge is hard won and as such, worth a lot.

Sorry that what is obvious to you isnt to me. I've spent the last few days altering bits and pieces to see the result and this was the last thing i wanted to do before i put the car on the dyno.

Guess i will be back when i work it out.

Solved the issue.

Potential Tuner
    How?