Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tip in Knock

Road tested early this morning and the KR spark is still appearing. Pretty annoying. Just about ready to completely ignore any KR as it's impossible to determine real from bad.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Molch View Post
    Road tested early this morning and the KR spark is still appearing. Pretty annoying. Just about ready to completely ignore any KR as it's impossible to determine real from bad.
    The same conclusion I came to!

Given the settings in my tune the low load and rpm, compression ratio, fuel and timing delivery it should not be knocking. At WOT a small initial knock then none throughout the full rpm range so that area is fine.

I still suspect it is in the scan tool software knock calibration.

The only thing with ignoring it, it is pulling timing out/reducing response unnecessarily
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Tuner
    Where did you get to with this Molch?
    I once had a bad drive belt idler bearing on a barra turbo cause the same thing you encountered. Wasn't even very audible without a stethoscope.

If not something like that, increase knock sensor gain. The description for this is incorrect in the software.

Advanced Tuner
    "increase knock sensor gain. The description for this is incorrect in the software."
    Very interesting! one thing I have not tried.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try. My engine is currently dismantled so won't be immediately but thanks anyway!

Advanced Tuner
    Super6ute thanks for your input i just increased the sensitivity to maximum, all knock gone!!!

After previously eliminating everything else and suspecting a software problem never dreamed the knock sensitivity table would be back the front even though I did reduce it at one stage and in hindsight it did appear slightly worse but put that down to a variation in the logging environment, we keep learning!