Thread: Help knock sensor Tuning Lt1 SC

Tuner in Training

Help knock sensor Tuning Lt1 SC

I have C7 with a ECS SC running 9 psi.

I encounter that the knock system always get activated, the car is I at 12* + meth + 11.5 AFR. Yes 11.5 AFR is actually to much my target is 12:0 AFR after solving the issue.

I added 100 oct gas and the knock system still get activated.

I believe is false knock as people are running up to 15 degrees of timing on this cars, but I may be wrong.

The solution that I have in mind is with 100oct and 12* + Meth and 11.5 AFR desensitize the knock sensor in small steps until no knock is observed.

What have you done with Lt1 supercharged?

way too rich. it's not knock or false knock.

what PE ratio are you commanding? command 1.16. probably also too much meth....?

ECM is pulling lead so you don't spray during spark.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post

what PE ratio are you commanding? command 1.16. probably also too much meth....?

Interesting, Ok so what does the ECM use as reference then, pulse width or injection timing. Because I work with the start of injection on this car.

first at 10 degrees obtained an AFR 12.6 without met. Then Added meth until the car was reading 11.0 then added timing. And finally reduced the PE just enough to increase the fuel rail pressure to my like which ended in 11.5 AFR. Is there any injection time in ms that I should not exceed? This cars use narrowband o2 thus definitively is not from actual AFR reading.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by VicC7 View Post
    Interesting, Ok so what does the ECM use as reference then, pulse width or injection timing. Because I work with the start of injection on this car.

first at 10 degrees obtained an AFR 12.6 without met. Then Added meth until the car was reading 11.0 then added timing. And finally reduced the PE just enough to increase the fuel rail pressure to my like which ended in 11.5 AFR. Is there any injection time in ms that I should not exceed? This cars use narrowband o2 thus definitively is not from actual AFR reading.

Regards
    you need a wideband to read actual afr if that's what you're asking.

don't exceed about 6ms don't spray before exhaust valve close (360ish)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post