Thread: Boost adjustment for 2017 explorer 3.5 EB

Boost adjustment for 2017 explorer 3.5 EB

like many others I am very well versed in GM and Mopar tuning. And just starting to dable with the ecoboost stuff.

So I have tried my hand at a 2017 and was able to get a little more boost out of it. But have hit a roadblock again. I seem to be stuck at around 13.5psi and around an ETC torque command of 520tq. I have tried adjusting quite a bit to get more but seem to be limited again. and I am not 100% sure of what is holding me back

seeing throttle angle source = Tq red. < DD
    and driver demand limit = exhaust temp. <---- this seems to be the area I am stuck at adjusting.

any help would be nice and I am welcome to PM assistance as well to not reveal any big secrets.

stock tune:missy's stock tune.hpt

dora syck tune v1-13.5psi more torque.hpt
    pull 11111.hpl
    Last edited by SYCK SS; 12-24-2016 at 03:15 PM.

Senior Tuner
    ENGINE> FUEL> COT, Lean cruise> exhaust temp table. These are inferred values the ECU uses to predict exhaust component tempatures. Lowering them will make the ECU think things are running cooler. If this is your limit that should resolve it.

Did you change your exhaust inverse temp table?

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    ENGINE> FUEL> COT, Lean cruise> exhaust temp table. These are inferred values the ECU uses to predict exhaust component tempatures. Lowering them will make the ECU think things are running cooler. If this is your limit that should resolve it.
    Trying this now. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    Did you change your exhaust inverse temp table?
    Are you referencing flange temp inv??? If so then no I didn't touch it.

They called it that or exhaust inverse. Change those values. I made mine 2.30 load across the table for my EB 3.5
    I tried Murfie's method but it didn't do anything. His logic kind of makes sense, but I never saw any impact from reducing the values in the inferred exhaust temp table.

They called it that or exhaust inverse. Change those values. I made mine 2.30 load across the table for my EB 3.5
    I tried Murfie's method but it didn't do anything. His logic kind of makes sense, but I never saw any impact from reducing the values in the inferred exhaust temp table.
    Yeah I set all of my load values to 2.3 as well. And tried the exhaust temp trick and it didn't work either. Gonna keep bumping things slowly to see.

**update**

It was the "flange temo involved " setting. Adjust that out and I sure enough maxed out my MAP sensor haha.

Thanks for the help everyone

Yes, that's the one I mentioned or was trying to describe. At one point, HPT had 2 of them, one was Flange Temp Inverse (the one we have) and another was Exhaust Temp Inverse (or something to that extent).

To what load did you set your table? Mine is all 2.30

Glad you found the solution!

Senior Tuner
    The f150 has that table all at 4.0. Raising boost and load I can definitely see flange temp inverse limiting it. The VDE table is zeroed out.

Yes, that's the one I mentioned or was trying to describe. At one point, HPT had 2 of them, one was Flange Temp Inverse (the one we have) and another was Exhaust Temp Inverse (or something to that extent).

To what load did you set your table? Mine is all 2.30

Glad you found the solution!
    I set all mine to 2.3. Loads don't go higher then 1.7-1.8 though.

Now battling an odd issue where it is staying in stoich fuel at WOT. Scared me at first but now I'm chasing that.

Go to Engine -> Fuel -> Open & Closed Loop -> WOT Fuel Enrichment Pedal
    Make sure it is something low, like 40% (0.40) - it doesn't mean you will switch to Open Loop when your throttle pedal is open to 40%, it's more like when the throttle blade is open to 40% or greater - so in practice when you go WOT, it should switch to (OL) Power Enrichment

Then set your Open Loop Lambda accordingly.

Go to Engine -> Fuel -> Open & Closed Loop -> WOT Fuel Enrichment Pedal
    Make sure it is something low, like 40% (0.40) - it doesn't mean you will switch to Open Loop when your throttle pedal is open to 40%, it's more like when the throttle blade is open to 40% or greater - so in practice when you go WOT, it should switch to (OL) Power Enrichment

Then set your Open Loop Lambda accordingly.
    I had it set to 60%. I'll try dropping it some more. Will let you know