Thread: Buying new injectors

Tuner in Training

Buying new injectors

I know what size injectors I need. Who knows what all data do I need for tuning them?

For what?

What injectors?

What company?

So much information you aren't telling us. Buy injectors will known good data from companies that sell quality injectors.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    It's for my 99 Camaro with a 6.0 swap LSX intake, 227 235 cam, stock head. Looking at 36lb injectors. Was looking to see what I needed to tune them. And then I was going to look for who provided me with all the data I needed and with the high quality and reasonable price

Pretty much all the injector companies will claim they have data these days. Whether it's actually anything more than a steamy pile of crap they made up or not is anyone's guess. ID's data is as real as it gets, and that's why they cost what they cost.

You'll need flow rate, offset vs. vacuum/voltage and short pulse adder at least.

Injector Dynamics are worth the price. If you are not convinced how much science Paul puts behind his brand, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UZ6wYTjUpo
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

The ID injectors are too big for what you are looking for. But most all companies data is stolen from other data which doesnt work. Zip has 58lbs injectors with real data that Greg Banished helped out with. However in that you need 36's you can use a stock GM injector. I believe they were the factory injector, GM has a white bosch that is 36lbs. I forget what the factory application was for it, but you need to find out and then use that data.
    Too many unfinished projects

ID's would work perfectly fine IMO but if there's a lower cost factory GM injector (which should have accurate data..) available then might as well go that route instead to save some cash.

Why would you use such a large injector when a small one is needed. You get too large and it will not idle well no matter how good the data is.
    Too many unfinished projects

I'm not saying it's the best option, I'm saying they'll work perfectly fine. I've ran ID1700's on a stock LS3 and it idled perfectly fine. And is good for 1000+ on E85

Senior Tuner
    i had bosch 2200cc working fine at idle on a 3x scaled tune even got down to 0.6 ms IPW at idle no issues, good injector good data shouldn't have any issues, i wouldn't put that on a n/a motor but it can work