Thread: Fg turbo auto to manual

Fg turbo auto to manual

Need a hand

Having tuned a few cars a mate has went from a zf to manual trans in he's car.

The tune needs to be adjusted to suit. Car is a fg turbo zf auto What do I need to change in the settings to get this manual to work? I know the original zf needs to be plugged in at some stage to match the car but that's as much as I know

Would love to hear from someone who's done the same and some tips

attached is the stock file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Ive done it to a BA XR8 Years ago. Cant remember exactly how but I used ford IDS/FMP to flash a manual tune into the Auto ECU. From memory I had to do a manual entry in IDS with the calibration ID I wanted to flash.

Advanced Tuner
    OK for starters it definitely isn't a stock file it's had all the normal mods done, but yeah best bet is to find the manual version of the same setup & flash that in & start tuning from there!

If you know what the compatible manual file version of HAEDLM5 is I can do a swap over starting file for you.

Advanced Tuner
    theres usually not that many settings different. its not the end of the world though and i've done it a couple times without flashing a 'manual' strategy in ba and bf, fg is a bit harder because not many files will have all the options available in the trans tab to change from auto to manual.

Advanced Tuner
    also why would the zf need to be plugged in to the car for any of this?

I was told it needed to be plugged in so the time could be read and edited.

Wasn't told to upload a manual file instead.

No idea what the compatable file is. Was hoping I could have just edited the existing file but I'll have a look now and hopefully flash a stock manual file in.

Advanced Tuner
    only problem with flashing a stock manual file in is it won't run very well as it has different injectors in it not to mention all the other changes.

Car is stock now

Advanced Tuner
    You can try this file at your own risk I believe it is a manual FG XR6T file & I have inserted the vin from other file, if all good & your happy to you can fix me up for my time, but no pressure & no guarantee's!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Grant LS1; 01-15-2017 at 10:30 PM.