Thread: Track addict video lost

Potential Tuner

Track addict video lost

Recently purchased new I Phone. My old phone had Pro Track Addict app with various track video sessions stored. The ATT phonesalesman said to transfer all the apps on my old phone to new phone thru I Cloud. This did work, but I have no sessions recorded now. Are these sessions somewhere than I can retrieve, or am I just out of luck?

If you backed up your old phone to your computer using iTunes, then restoring that backup onto your new phone should do the trick. That's how I've done it with all of my own iOS device upgrades, and it has worked well. It should be faster to do this using a USB cable connection rather than over WiFi. It's less clear how well the iCloud method would work, as those accounts only have 5 GB to work with by default and may not backup app data, and it's slower as well, so iTunes is generally a better approach for several reasons.

Alternatively, you could opt to copy your TrackAddict data and video files directly from the old phone onto your computer via iTunes File Sharing, and then use the same process to copy them from your computer onto your new phone. This is done using a USB cable connection to your computer, and then navigating the iTunes software into your phone, then to it's "Apps" tab, and finally down to the second list of apps which will be the "File Sharing" section. From there, you can select TrackAddict and drag & drop files to/from your computer. There are some more details on this here: http://racerender.com/TrackAddict/docs/UsbTransfer.html (This screenshot is somewhat dated, but once you select your phone in iTunes, the process is still essentially the same)