Thread: VCT Schedule Mode

VCT Schedule Mode

Has anyone else logged this PID? On my SHO, if I'm WOT (like at the track), the VCT Schedule Mode is "Best Fuel Economy".

The other PIDs read:
    Torque Source is: Driver Demand
    Driver Demand Limit Source: No Limit Active
    Throttle Angle Source: Torque Control
    Spark Source: Base
    Fuel Source: (OL) Power Demand Enrich

That seems *normal* to me, as the torque source is Driver Demand and the fuel mode is "open loop" power enrichment (commanded lambda). But the VCT mode has me a bit confused.
    I understand the Transverse 3.5L EcoBoost has Intake-Only VCT mode, while the F-150 has Ti-VCT and the F-150 has Optimum Power settings for the VCT Schedule (although the mapped point is disabled). But I see settings for the Intake and Exhaust valve timing under Variable Camshaft -> Optimum Power.

Has anyone experimented with this on the transverse engines? Should I just keep it as-is with "Best Fuel Economy"?

modifying the tables used to enable best drivibility caused a no-start in my 2016 Explorer. I was too chicken to try to enable OP mode without seeing someone on the forums do it first, and from what I read, since all my tables are zero from Ford I would really need to be on a dyno to properly dial all the OP tables in.
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost
    2006 Ford F150 Lariat - 5.4L 3V (315,000 miles )

I have a tune written for optimum power, but have not flashed it in and tried it yet, all of the speed density tables are blank so I am not sure what to put in them. I did a pull and went back through and came up with a blend based on what mapped points the car is running at, but I dont know what its going to do. I just know my OP table will be a smidge more aggressive than what the car is running during a wot pull, I never logged vct scheduled mode though. I have been logging intake cam angle though.

Owner/Tuner Street Performance Syndicate

06 GTO: D1SC , Full Suspension, 23X .6xx lift Ed Curtis Cam, Mast Heads, Gforce 9" 4.11 Gears, Holley High Rise, Stage 12 Fuel System, Boost By Gear

01 Duramax: Blown Tranny (again) BWs467 Turbo, Head Studs, Exergy Injectors, Lift Pump, Moonshine
    2014 Taurus SHO: (Wife's Car) OR DPs, Tuned, CAI
    2006 TBSS; AWD SLP Catback, K&N CAI, Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by posenheimer View Post
    I have a tune written for optimum power, but have not flashed it in and tried it yet, all of the speed density tables are blank so I am not sure what to put in them. I did a pull and went back through and came up with a blend based on what mapped points the car is running at, but I dont know what its going to do. I just know my OP table will be a smidge more aggressive than what the car is running during a wot pull, I never logged vct scheduled mode though. I have been logging intake cam angle though.
    Optimum Power Mapped Points don't need to be populated to use the Optimum Power VCT Schedule mode, unless you also enabled the Optimum Power Mapped Point. If you leave the point disabled, it'll just blend your remaining points as per usual.

As for how to start with populating it, you'd probably want to copy your highest load line in Best Driveability over if available. This would theoretically be mapped the same as high load best drive = optimum power.

Is the optimum power mode even necessary?

If you want to make the vct to do exactly what you want it to while floored, yes. But then again, I am sure it is close to optimized the way it runs now. Lol

Owner/Tuner Street Performance Syndicate

06 GTO: D1SC , Full Suspension, 23X .6xx lift Ed Curtis Cam, Mast Heads, Gforce 9" 4.11 Gears, Holley High Rise, Stage 12 Fuel System, Boost By Gear

01 Duramax: Blown Tranny (again) BWs467 Turbo, Head Studs, Exergy Injectors, Lift Pump, Moonshine
    2014 Taurus SHO: (Wife's Car) OR DPs, Tuned, CAI
    2006 TBSS; AWD SLP Catback, K&N CAI, Tuned

Potential Tuner
    every log i have done so far on my 14 explorer sport its scheduled best fuel economy during wot. my wot lambda goes to what i am commanding so i havent been too concerned with it. it also seems to stay in best fuel economy whenever the throttle is touched and optimal stability when off the throttle.

Tuner in Training
    hi im new in forum and have issue to logg the mapped point on a 2016 explorer , does anyone have a ford layout with this parameter ? need a especial activation or so ? the OP need to be activate ?
    thanks