Thread: 03 Silverado 6.0 turbo tune help

Potential Tuner

03 Silverado 6.0 turbo tune help

Vehicle is a 2003 Silverado 1500 6.0 4l80e with s366 and Tick Performance turbo stage 1 camshaft. I'm having some detonation issues under WOT in boost. I'm running 91 octane fuel and about 12 psi of boost. If I do a WOT pull from a dead stop sometimes it pulls up to 7 degrees of timing but sometimes there is no KR at all. Going WOT from about a 40 roll its the same thing. Some pulls have no KR and some pull a bunch of timing and I'm not sure why. I'll post a couple log files and my tune if anyone would be willing to take a look and give me some advice it would be much appreciated! I'm running this tank out and switching to 93 with 10% ethanol, I do not want to go e85 because I want to be able to drive it anywhere and not worry about fuel.

KR is only towards the end of the log files

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Set the MAF DTC's to fail on first error and not NO MIL LIGHT.

Which MAP sensor are you using? The offset setting on most 2 bar maps is 10.33 and not 8.01, like if you were using a cobalt map sensor.

In the scanner you aren't logging the right MAP channel it seems, it maxed out at 105kpa and that can screw up your logging/tuning. You also want to remove all your MAF channels because you are no longer using the MAF sensor.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    It is the cobalt map sensor. In the scanner I do have the 2 bar selected as the pid for the map. Unless you are talking about something in the histogram?

Tuner in Training
    What year Cobalt sensor is used for this application? I am running a 6.0L with S366 also. Not tuned yet. Only looking at running 6 psi.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYZ06 View Post
    What year Cobalt sensor is used for this application? I am running a 6.0L with S366 also. Not tuned yet. Only looking at running 6 psi.
    Had a fun time trying to finding the right sensor... Go to the parts store and ask for a baro sensor for a 2005 cobalt with the 2.0 supercharger engine

Tuner in Training
    I got lucky then. Thats what I bought. OEM ACDelco 213-796, GM 12614973 MAP Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor