Thread: Weird throttle hesitation

Weird throttle hesitation

04 GTO with a SD conversion. This is a drag car, so when you bring the throttle up to 2200RPM and launch the car will not accelerate immediately it feels like it is on a rev limiter which it is not. No knock, timing is about 24 degrees and fuel is right on now. If you launch from off idle, it accelerates immediately all they way to the first shift. All the problems seem to happen from 2200 to 2800 RPM's and after that is accelerates fine. I don't see anything in TM that is causing it, everything looks good. The only thing I see that is odd is in the OS. It has a upgraded OS in it but it is saying the ECM is a 4.3L V6 but the VIN is correct for the car. This may have nothing to do with or maybe it does and there is something going on in a table we can't see.
    Too many unfinished projects

Tune/log.

I don't have it on this PC. It shows it happening in the log, the fuel bounces around a little but it is being caused by something the secondary. The fuel is good timing goes stable but the RPM do no accelerate during this time period. It acts like a limiter or throttle stop. What makes it odd is it only happens when you stage the car at 2000-2200 RPM. If you leave off idle it accelerates great. I will post up later
    Too many unfinished projects