Thread: Coyote Longtubes

Advanced Tuner

Coyote Longtubes

Anybody else had closed loop fuel control problems at idle on long tube coyote cars? I've been playing around with one trying to get it dead on but still having occasional issues. Any input on how to correctly adjust closed loop fueling for longtubes?

Quote Originally Posted by curt@injected View Post
    Anybody else had closed loop fuel control problems at idle on long tube coyote cars? I've been playing around with one trying to get it dead on but still having occasional issues. Any input on how to correctly adjust closed loop fueling for longtubes?
    the only thing I do is adjust the transport delay. what brand are these I have seen certain issues with o2 placement on bbk for example and they get loaded up with condensation and throw fueling all over

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rshoe09 View Post
    the only thing I do is adjust the transport delay. what brand are these I have seen certain issues with o2 placement on bbk for example and they get loaded up with condensation and throw fueling all over
    I did use the transport delay and it helped some but it still oscillates fueling at idle some. I've been creeping up on the pid fuel controller trying to get rid of it. This one is a bit out of the ordinary but not the first time I have seen this. Stainless works longtubes

thanks

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you can also use throttle angle crack it open a little bit should help
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Is FAOSC enabled?

Senior Tuner
    I'm not sure how familiar you are with PIDs. The closed loop fueling system is just a PI controller. There is no derivative, this makes it better for steady state conditions. With out seeing a log of the behavior you are seeing its hard to advice on what to do to the proportional or integral Gain. If its oscillating as you say increasing the integral could make it worst. If the headers are allowing the sensor to get a smoother signal from better exhaust flow at idle then the proportional values may be to high causing the integral values to over compensate for the increased offset. In that case increasing the integral would cause it to get to steady state quicker but with more oscillating before doing so. The PI control seems to be for low RPM areas so it could be the cause of the issue. Just to cover the basics just make sure its not a bad maf curve as that is the main input to this controller. bad in bad out.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    I'm not sure how familiar you are with PIDs. The closed loop fueling system is just a PI controller. There is no derivative, this makes it better for steady state conditions. With out seeing a log of the behavior you are seeing its hard to advice on what to do to the proportional or integral Gain. If its oscillating as you say increasing the integral could make it worst. If the headers are allowing the sensor to get a smoother signal from better exhaust flow at idle then the proportional values may be to high causing the integral values to over compensate for the increased offset. In that case increasing the integral would cause it to get to steady state quicker but with more oscillating before doing so. The PI control seems to be for low RPM areas so it could be the cause of the issue. Just to cover the basics just make sure its not a bad maf curve as that is the main input to this controller. bad in bad out.
    I've been doing a lot of reading on this topic lately. Thanks for the input

I need to get ya'll a log. I guess I was just kind of curious about generic advice for adjustments for longtubes
    Last edited by curt@injected; 01-04-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    If you are using O2 extensions, remove them and see if it corrects your issue. Extensions usually aren't needed as there is a good bit of length to the O2 cables and they can be extended by removing the clips that hold them to the trans.