Thread: LB7 Crankshaft Position Sensor Relearn?

Tuner in Training

LB7 Crankshaft Position Sensor Relearn?

I have hp tuners and use it strictly to unlock ecm and emission deletes etc on ls platform however I have recently bought a diesel. It had an issue with the crank sensor so we put in a new one from auto parts store and it direct shorted after 10 miles. Friends at a dealer say I need to do a Crankshaft position sensor relearn after installing. Is this something I can do with hp tuners?

Quote Originally Posted by biohazardbill View Post
    I have hp tuners and use it strictly to unlock ecm and emission deletes etc on ls platform however I have recently bought a diesel. It had an issue with the crank sensor so we put in a new one from auto parts store and it direct shorted after 10 miles. Friends at a dealer say I need to do a Crankshaft position sensor relearn after installing. Is this something I can do with hp tuners?
    That sounds like a wiring problem and not a tune issue.
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Tuner in Training
    Didnt say it was a "tune" issue, just asked if hp tuners can do a crank shaft position relearn. Just gave a little background to go with it.

I've done it with gassers using the scanner. Look for CASE learn or relearn. Google also helps.
    Crankshaft
    Angle
    Sensor
    Error?