Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bigger Throttle Body

not to thread jack but is there any reason to change those numbers in a minor bolt on car? My RT has the basic bolts on and there is definitely a "dead feeling" in the throttle then suddenly feels like power comes in while accelerating (not WOT, but not light pedal). Fueling is dialed in and no knock, it literally feels like there is something holding it back for a second.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bkg06gto View Post
    not to thread jack but is there any reason to change those numbers in a minor bolt on car? My RT has the basic bolts on and there is definitely a "dead feeling" in the throttle then suddenly feels like power comes in while accelerating (not WOT, but not light pedal). Fueling is dialed in and no knock, it literally feels like there is something holding it back for a second.
    What rpm are you feeling this burst of power? At 4k rpm the WOT voltage requirements go down to like 1.2V.....which can make part throttle runs feel like it opens up like crazy at 4k.

So if your rolling at like 10mph and jump on it it's dead feeling and yeah I would say around there it feels like what your saying

Tuner in Training
    Post up your tune, if you don't mind. I found my car to be lazy until I adjusted the throttle response and more importantly the ignition timing.

Tuner in Training
    Following this as I am needing my 148mm TB working!
    '07 MSRT8 426- 4.2 KB- Paramount Super Pro-1000HP club-

Has anyone here experienced a loss of connection between pedal position and TPS?
    On my 14 Charger R/T, it will, after a week even, it will just lose throttle control unless pedal voltage is in the WOT range.
    It seems to happen after long periods with minimal throttle input (highway cruising or heavy traffic).
    It clears up with a pedal relearn using the scanner, but it's very unsettling as one can imagine.

I'm curios if this is a known Mopar issue during tuning or a possible VCM 3.7 Beta problem.
    MattL 2014 Charger RT_021.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by uglyman8 View Post
    Following this as I am needing my 148mm TB working!
    Everything you need to get started tuning for that tb is basically in this thread.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    That's the 3 of them!
    I have a pretty much stock 392 m6, and been wanting to find a way to make my car behaves like a 485whp vehicle from a slow roll, car will peg me to my seat after cartain RPM, but it seems she's lazy from a slow roll, and despite the weight, i feel she should be able to completely destroy my tires in 1st gear from say 10mph, i have the factory 3.90 gears, and i feel the trottle doesn't fully opened when i stab the throttle,

Initially i thought something about TM, but my car is manual, so TM settings should be relatively small from what i've bee reading, i made a change couple of weeks a go to the friction torque model table, zeroing out the high torque values, but that didn't seem to do anything, and in fact, prior to that change, at least i would get high bark on 1st to 2nd shift, and that's not happening anymore after that change, i'm putting that back to stock, and i'll try your approach with the TB, and see if it's makes a difference.

You mentioned changing this 3 tables, and i did this way
    20% less in the TB airflow from .75V and above

and as for the Desired TB large and small range tables, those seems to be Mass Airflow vs Volts, so i changed those tables cells, only for the cells that correlates the closest to new airflow value i have in the TB airflow table, ex: after removing 20% from the .75 V and above in the airflow table, the new airflow value for .75 V is 396.6 lb/h, so i went into the Desired TB large range, and changed the values of the 554 lb/h cell and above by also 20% less, as i'm not changing airflow values below 349 lb/lh, likewise for the small range one, does it make sense to do it this way ?, Or should i remove 20% from the entire Desired TB large/small range tables?

airflow_change by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

Advanced Tuner
    Throttle seems a little more crispy now after i loaded the change, but still i'm not romping my tires off when i stab the gas in 1st gear at say 10-12mph, can't believe this $hit, i mean she pulls like a freight train, but i can't believe Falken A/S 275/40/20 will have this much traction haha, if i clutch out and rev to like 3500rpm and dump it, then sure im not moving because the tires are getting overpowered, perhaps the car is just too heavy and the rpm at 10mph are not high enough, i'm saving to cam this biatch next year, so i guess i need to become more familiar with my tune and car behavior in general.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Loaded back my stock TB airflow tables, but i'll keep this info in mind for the future.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    Throttle seems a little more crispy now after i loaded the change, but still i'm not romping my tires off when i stab the gas in 1st gear at say 10-12mph, can't believe this $hit, i mean she pulls like a freight train, but i can't believe Falken A/S 275/40/20 will have this much traction haha, if i clutch out and rev to like 3500rpm and dump it, then sure im not moving because the tires are getting overpowered, perhaps the car is just too heavy and the rpm at 10mph are not high enough, i'm saving to cam this biatch next year, so i guess i need to become more familiar with my tune and car behavior in general.
    can you post a log?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    can you post a log?
    Yep, more than one, i have a couple of 1st to 2nd stabs, and 2nd gear stab, i remember my old 04 Cobra, stock, will get me sideways in 2nd gear, and that motor didn't have the power this 6.4 Hemi does, i don't get why this biatch doesn't get me sideways when i do this throttle punches..
    Last edited by bluegoat06; 12-29-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    try logging throttle torque source,spark source, actual torque, expected torque and the TM PIDS.
    Last edited by Jay@HAP; 12-29-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I didn't realize your car was a manual. You could try lowering the WOT throttle voltage, increasing the pedal/power ratio tables, take out or eliminate throttle rate spark. The TB airflow tables have more to do with throttle response before WOT. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Advanced Tuner
    Ty Jay, i'll try to do some logging tomorrow and play with the settings you've mentioned, i see WOT throttle voltage, but where do i find the pedal/power ratio tables?

Advanced Tuner
    Here is a new log with a couple of changes, decreased WOT pedal threshold, and increased the Electronic Throttle/desired throttle MAX, made no difference in acceleration.
    Adding my tuned file, and the stock one, in case i'm missing something else.

Senior Tuner
    Try making the changes to the two tables as shown in this screen shot and see if it helps. It should.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Jaime, i'll try those changes and report back.

Advanced Tuner
    Electech, the changes made a nice difference, thanks a lot, did a couple of runs to check, still not exactly blowing the tires off from 12mph or so in 1st gear, but i think that could be because the rpm is too low (2000rpm more or less), a punch from 20ishmph (3000rpm or so) is finally breaking the tires loose, same thing just after the 1-2 WOT shift, i'm attaching a stab from about 12mph or so, , i also managed a 2nd run from about 20mph, though i couldn't get the scanner to log that one, ever since i did the update to 3.7.1024, the scanner has been all glitchy..., in any case, i felt the tires finally fighting for traction in 1st gear, and in general a tad more aggression on how the car runs at WOT when i stab the throttle from low rpm in 1st gear.

Senior Tuner
    Glad it helped. Throttle rate looks pretty good, from the graph. Try increasing the 1200 rpm cell of the 'Throttle Max" table and see if it gets better. I'm noticing a lag in your MAP value reaching "full throttle" values so there may still be some improvement there.
    Jaime