Thread: L&M TB's

Tuner in Training

L&M TB's

Anyone have the TB effective area table for L&M TB's, specifically the dual 66mm and dual 72mm? I have a 72mm on my 2008 GT500 but use the 65mm CJ table because I cannot find ANY info on L&M's....

Willie

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Anyone have the TB effective area table for L&M TB's, specifically the dual 66mm and dual 72mm? I have a 72mm on my 2008 GT500 but use the 65mm CJ table because I cannot find ANY info on L&M's....

Willie
    For the twin 66 the data for the twin 65 ford data should work. L&M claims they calibrate their TBs to not need a retune to run correctly, so theoretically you should be able to run them off stock TB data. Although I'd prob feel better running the twin 65 data instead. Another thing that helps is checking the voltage and making sure the old and new TB read out the same.

I have the specs for the CFM Twin 66mm if you think that would help. This the same as the re-branded VMP Twin 66.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Tuner in Training
    Yes, it would be nice to see if changing these tables actually makes a difference. Thank you!

CFM/VMP Twin 66mm TB Values

Here is a screen shot of the Twin 66 TB values.

Twin 66mm Throttle Body Specs.jpg
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    Here is a screen shot of the Twin 66 TB values.

Twin 66mm Throttle Body Specs.jpg
    weird. This data matches the GT500 62mm data

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rshoe09 View Post
    weird. This data matches the GT500 62mm data
    L&M claimed you didn't need to modify your tune to run their Tb's that you could throw it on a stock gt500 and it would run all the same. So it could be those settings will work even though they could be the same as a gt500 one...Ima open my file up now and check to compare to my twin 60. I have a L&M on the way and was planning on just using the FRPP twin 65mm tables

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    L&M claimed you didn't need to modify your tune to run their Tb's that you could throw it on a stock gt500 and it would run all the same. So it could be those settings will work even though they could be the same as a gt500 one...Ima open my file up now and check to compare to my twin 60. I have a L&M on the way and was planning on just using the FRPP twin 65mm tables
    i heard that as well. also heard the same for the vmp 67mm that if you use the CJ65 data its good enough but haven't tried it yet

Advanced Tuner
    Here is the data I have on the FRPP twin 65mm TB. I do have a L&M twin 66mm on the way right now. It should be delivered and install monday/tuesday. I plan on using this same data for it so I can report back then on wether it worked or not.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    Here is my experience. I installed the 66 years ago. No other changes. Ran fine. I replaced it a couple of years ago with a 72. Again, no other changes needed.
    On a second 2008 GT500, I bought it with a 66, then replaced it with a 65 CJ and modified the appropriate tables. No noticeable change. Then replaced it with a 72 but kept the 65 CJ tables. I ran 0.4 seconds faster on back-to-back runs with no other changes. I have kept this combo but always wondered if I should make any changes to the tables, including going back to stock values.......

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Here is my experience. I installed the 66 years ago. No other changes. Ran fine. I replaced it a couple of years ago with a 72. Again, no other changes needed.
    On a second 2008 GT500, I bought it with a 66, then replaced it with a 65 CJ and modified the appropriate tables. No noticeable change. Then replaced it with a 72 but kept the 65 CJ tables. I ran 0.4 seconds faster on back-to-back runs with no other changes. I have kept this combo but always wondered if I should make any changes to the tables, including going back to stock values.......
    The .4 seconds could of been due to almost any number of things, too many variables to account for. How was the trap speed? If it remains the same than there would hardly be a difference in power. You could always dyno with both settings, but I'm thinking the results would be identical. Trap time isn't always a good indicator of gains. Trap speed though is a lot more telling

Advanced Tuner
    So as an update, the settings I posted did not work. The car did DD fine for a while but during WOT it went into "ETC FMEM". It did eventually 2 codes...P2111 & P2112.... one being Throttle stuck closed and the other stuck open. Going to try and the stock twin 60mm settings so see how it does...