Thread: complete noob. questions?

Tuner in Training

complete noob. questions?

I just recently got my hp and in the process of tuning my truck. A couple of questions if someone could answer.

1. I have 2 computers that I use to tune. 1 is a tablet that I use primarlly for work so it isn't always with me, that I use to actually load the tune into the truck. The second is my home pc when I don't have the tablet. Do I need to license both computers to modify the tune?

2. I have tried many times to use the timing calc in the other thread here and still cannot get the paste to work? Never gives the paste function access, always is greyed out? What am I doing wrong?

truck is 03-305-555.

thanks for any insight

Derek

I have used two separate laptops to flash the same files to one vehicle, it won't cost any more credits if using the same licensed file from your truck.
    2003 Cummins SRW LWB QC 4x4 NV5600 305/555

Tuner in Training
    Ok thanks. I will have to mess around with it some more.

I finally got the timing calc to work. So if someone could give my tune a look to make sure I am on the right path I would appreciate it. I have only really changed the rail psi tables, until I get a feel to what is going on.

Thanks,

Derek
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by 6.6l eater View Post
    Ok thanks. I will have to mess around with it some more.

I finally got the timing calc to work. So if someone could give my tune a look to make sure I am on the right path I would appreciate it. I have only really changed the rail psi tables, until I get a feel to what is going on.

Thanks,

Derek
    You are going to hit all kinds of limiters when you floor it, but if you log the enhanced OS parameters, you'll see everything that it hits. Looks plenty safe to go hammer on and try it out.

If you make your fuel pressure more consistent getting higher only left to right and top to bottom, it will make your timing more consistent. Right now, both your timing and fuel will go up and down as load/rpm changes. That's why.
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for taking a look and the tips. I just wanted to be sure it's sorta safe before I load it. I figured I am going to hit limiters/gov. I want to go slow with it and see what changes affects what.