Thread: Saving a stock tune questions.

Tuner in Training

Saving a stock tune questions.

Ok so we licensed an 02 ecu so we could delete the vats on a swapped vehicle.
    When it downloads the tune and you make a name for it, is that the tune that is saved?
    How can you be sure the stock tune is saved before you start messing with it?
    I tried to open it but nothing.. what does a tune look like when you save it?
    We just want to make sure the stock tune is saved correctly so we can start messing with things and if it don't work we can revert back to the stock tune and start over.

So you have a file you pulled from the vehicle and spent 2 credits on so you can edit it?

Or you tried to pull the tune and save it but nothing is there?

I always lable them like 2012 Silverado Stock tune or something similar. Then I make the tune file "read only" so I can't edit it or flash it to a vehicle by mistake and lose my stock tune file. Then a create a new tune file off the stock file as I start tuning.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    1st question yes
    2nd I'd say yes but there is a file there we saved but I couldn't open it or when we tried nothing happened.
    We labeled it similar to what you said as it asked or said to name it

Is it possible to post the tune file you pulled from the vehicle here?

I'd be curious if it can be opened by me or someone else. If I can view it, then it must be something weird on your end.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry dummy me... it was in there...
    We made a copy and changed stuff and it showed the differences.
    This was the first time we've saved a tune and changed a few things on it.
    Thank you for your time