Thread: HS-CAN IDs 2007+

Tuner

HS-CAN IDs 2007+

Has anyone on here bothered to decode the generally broadcast HS-CAN IDs? I am in the process and have about 1/2 of them done, but wondered if anyone else had already done it? I'm using it for a small monitoring device with a screen and feedback into the bus based on certain conditions.

Any will help, as I am working from 0C9h all the way up to 77Fh (engine and 6 speed auto trans only, I don't care about any other modules).

Mike

Yes, I did. No, I won't share them because it made me want to slam my dick in a door, and it's for a proprietary Motec system. If you can bench test, it's not so bad, but depending on what application you're doing, it's going to get bad if you really want all the details like fuel related broadcasts. Plus, many vehicles are different. RPM and Throttle are in different addresses on a Camaro vs. Corvette even though both are E38.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner
    I understand that DSteck, I have only been at it for a couple of days and am about 1/2 way done. I am not decoding all 100 IDs on the bus, only the (approx) 20 main generic engine/trans ones. Out of curiosity, could you show me one (say 0C9) to see if it is the same as the truck? I have compared a 2008 and a 2015 and everything seems to be in the same place there. In 0C9h, I have found (from 0-7): bit status info, RPM, RPM, unknown, PPS, bit status, unknown, unknown.

Obviously, I am working on the unknowns still. I only looked at the data for about 10 minutes at an idle on both vehicles, so I didn't grab that much yet. I will be getting the 2015 on the dyno tomorrow so I can get a little real information and spend a bit more time with it.

Thanks,
    Mike

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ADS View Post
    I understand that DSteck, I have only been at it for a couple of days and am about 1/2 way done. I am not decoding all 100 IDs on the bus, only the (approx) 20 main generic engine/trans ones. Out of curiosity, could you show me one (say 0C9) to see if it is the same as the truck? I have compared a 2008 and a 2015 and everything seems to be in the same place there. In 0C9h, I have found (from 0-7): bit status info, RPM, RPM, unknown, PPS, bit status, unknown, unknown.

Obviously, I am working on the unknowns still. I only looked at the data for about 10 minutes at an idle on both vehicles, so I didn't grab that much yet. I will be getting the 2015 on the dyno tomorrow so I can get a little real information and spend a bit more time with it.

Thanks,
    Mike
    0C9 is the TACH. Byte 1 and Byte 2. both are multipliers. Byte 0 has something to do with idle or off idle.

Tuner in Training
    GMLAN message ID 0C9 is supposed to contain all of the following (not certain of all the byte positions):

Accelerator actual position
    Accelerator actual position validity
    Engine run active
    Engine speed
    Engine speed status
    Platform engines speed command inhibit request
    Power takeoff powertrain Run aborted
    Powertrain brake pedal discrete input
    Powertrain brake pedal discrete input validity
    Powertrain crank aborted
    Powertrain crank active
    Powertrain run aborted
    Remote vehicle start engine running
    Cylinder deactivation mode
    Engine Idle active
    Driver throttle override detected
    Cruise control enabled
    Cruise control active status

Tuner in Training
    Following up with results.

0C9 message - assuming byte positions (0-7)

RPM = ((byte[1] * 256)+ byte[2])/4 eg. 0C9 8012CC0700410800
    Accelerator position = ((byte[4] *100)/256) eg. 0C9 8012CC0700410800
    Last edited by Snap; 11-12-2020 at 04:01 PM. Reason: message id update