Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2014 Coyote Torque and Inverse Tables effect on Throttle angle (SURGE)

Quote Originally Posted by R8Bill View Post
    Can anyone help on this?
    Eric Brooks can
    WTB: Greg Banish Ford DVD, please PM if you are selling

Great info! I have an FRPP 2.3, ID1000, JLT 127mm, with 3.125 and I get a weird surge.

Tuner in Training
    Is the "plotted indicated torque" you are logging "Engine Indicated Torque Reference"?
    I talked to Tech Support to get Indicated Torque and Driver Demand added and now have Driver Demand Engine Torque and Engine Indicated Torque Reference.

Advanced Tuner
    Bringing this back from the dead!! I was using Rcmikey's method of tuning the torque tables and after 3 revisions of 5-7% correction, the errors have not changed. They didn't get better or worse. Car is a '14 GT with 2.9 Whipple, 132mm TB, id1300s, and return fuel system. I have only MP OP active and I'm using the HPtuners Torque Inverse calculator and smoothing. The errors are between -1.xx and -4.xx except for the bottom 1.6 load row. Those are from -4.xx to -7.xx. I made corrections of .95 for all but the last row where I applied .93. Are my corrections not aggressive enough? Any help is appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    Txcharlie,

Did you ever get anywhere with this. Im having the same issue. Im making the changes but not seeing any better error results(14 Roush)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vvtbeast View Post
    Txcharlie,

Did you ever get anywhere with this. Im having the same issue. Im making the changes but not seeing any better error results(14 Roush)
    No, had some dyno issues and then a belt issue. Still trying to sort it out.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    No, had some dyno issues and then a belt issue. Still trying to sort it out.
    were your errors on average or based on last value displayed?
    ?Our greatest success comes from failure? -Confucius

Advanced Tuner
    I was using average.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmikey View Post
    Surge is gone. The torque tables are very sensitive and small torque number changes will give very noticeable results. It was completely possible to eliminate the surge by only working on torque and inverse tables. Using custom math and custom charts made quick work of straightening out the surge. HP software proved itself again. Smooth power curve. Safe to drive again.
    Did you save and post the tune to HP tuners.