Thread: G-Force Readings

Tuner in Training

G-Force Readings

Now that I've connected OBD and external GPS, the g-force readings will be off more often then not. It's either good or gets stuck to 1 side rendering it useless.

Before the add-ons maybe 1 out of 10 get screwy. Now it's more than half the time.

What's best method to mount and start? I typically mount phone on setup then once stable switch to record while not moving. Much of the time I sleep phone while on grid, but unsleep giving at least 10sec before moving.

iPhone 6S with skypro 160 and BT1

Thanks for any advice.

The accelerometers will auto calibrate when the GPS indicates that the vehicle is stopped, prior to recording. It's usually ideal to have the phone mounted and showing the Setup screen with a green GPS signal icon for a little bit, while on grid or otherwise parked, before you start recording. If you're in Circuit mode, then the Record should work just as well, because it won't start actual recording until you reach 10 MPH.

I would suspect that sleeping the phone prior to recording may be contributing to the issue you're having, as the GPS may not be having enough time to connect and get a satellite fix to read the zero speed and do the calibration prior to recording. This could be especially true when using an external GPS.

Advanced Tuner
    I usually power up everything about 1-2 mins before going out on track while gridding. external gps gets signal quickly and i just sit at the setup screen on TA until I get good GPS/external GPS and OBD. Then I hit record, it does the g-force calibration and sits there just waiting for me to move.... completely hands off after that.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys, had good results Sat by keeping in setup... prob just takes a little longer with external devices.