Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LT4 IAT help

Tuner in Training
    i am confused then... is there not an IAT sensor downstream of the blower on the LT4? Reason I need to know is for setting up where meth will be injected. Obviously I want the meth injected upstream of whatever sensor the LT4 is actually using to calculate engine timing.

Tuner in Training
    one option is to inject the meth downstream of the screws, which would be the nitrous outlet blower cap that is pre ported for 8 meth injectors... but if there is not a true/accurate read from an IAT sensor downstream from that injection location, then all I am doing is safeguarding the motor instead of gaining timing and thus power gains.

break out the IAT sensor from the maf and move it closer to the throttle body. spray the meth in between the maf and the iat sensor.

meth is primarily used on these cars for fueling after the DI system runs out.

Tuner in Training
    Frustrating. Then there is no guarantee the vapor is being distributed evenly across all cylinders.

Tuner in Training
    The other concern is volume of water meth. I would imagine 8 nozzles flow more than only 2? Unless the pump can be maxed out with only 2? (Doubtful)

Quote Originally Posted by zr1driver View Post
    on our 2017 camaro zl1 with the scanner i log pid manifold air temp. If i disconnect the sensor the value will not change in the scanner so i think ist calculated. With gds2 and mdi on the car sensor name is iat3 and value go to -40 degree celsius if i dissconect the sensor
    it is calculated. At the end of the day all gm cares about is what temperature is entering the combustion chamber. Heat soak plays a big factor in this pids final value which is why engine coolant is part of the equasion
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports